Euro 2008 (4 Viewers)

Thank fuck the Dutch scored 1st, the Italians were just totally sitting back ala Romania earlier....
Well dodgy offside decision, breathtaking 2nd goal.
Italians are in deep shite, they are far more effective sitting on a lead than going forward.
Full kudos for Ray Hougtons commentry, spot on IMO.
Kuyt had a decent half too cept for his pass across the pitch just b4 HT.

The Italians are getting pleasantly owned in this match now.

Interesting.

jeeesus. Van Nistlerooy just almost finished it off there.
Excellent stuff.

20 years on, it might happen...

jun88-vanbasten-gullit.jpg

What a great game last night, especially after watching France stroll around in the sun. Holland were so good. Italy looked like a team of old men. It felt a bit like watching Ireland-Holland in '94 all over again.

I watched the game in the midst of about 500 shell shocked Italians. There was an deathly silence when the second goal went in.

When you see the Italians calling for Del Piero to be put on you know their team are in deep shit.

Ireland's Marco Tardelli was pretty scathing about team selection her on the telly afterwards, i.e. playing Materazzi and Barzagli at the back. They made Paul Mc Shane look like Paul Mc Grath.

I left work early for the France match but played 5-a-side and missed the first half of the Holland game. Damn. The second and third goals were fantastic though. Holland could have had 5 or 6 in the end. Would have been a super goal by that youngfella who hit the bar.
I really hope that those two teams go through. As old and weary as Italy are, they created plenty of opportunities, which is more than can be said for the pathetic French.
I can't see France turning this around like they did at the World Cup, when it was basically Zidane overpowering Domenech and having one last hurrah. They might do so if the manager would do something intelligent like:
a) playing only one sitting midfield player rather than two, dropping Anelka and Malouda and bringing in Nasri and (if fit) Henry, or
b) same as above, but if he insists on playing two sitting midfield players, then change the fullbacks for players who can attack rather than the unthreatening pair he chose yesterday.
I don't think he'll do either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back