Euro 2008 (7 Viewers)

Souness was suitably cynical about Croatia yesterday, and he was proved right. It's not just that they miss Eduardo, although he's obviously a big loss. This Modric character looks like your archetypal Spurs signing.
It would have been great if Austria had managed to nick one, they were game lads who did their stuff. Honesty of effort.

Poland = Scotland.

I was well behind the Austrians in the second half.
They were like a bunch of Klingon children out there - all fight and effort, but ultimately defeated.

From The Daily Muck:

Even without the injured Eduardo - and contrary to what Slaven Bilic has said, it seems unlikely the Arsenal striker will play in the Zagreb qualifier in September - Croatia are alarmingly dangerous.

Technically excellent and worth their victory against a spirited, if limited Austria team, they also possess a player in Luka Modric who will pose a real threat to England. 'Only Kaka is better than Modric,' Bilic once said and at time you could see his point.
Not only did Tottenham's new £16.5million star convert the penalty that was awarded after 160 seconds, but he dominated central midfield in a manner that will influence Capello's team selection. A holding midfielder like Owen Hargreaves or Gareth Barry seems essential.

Did I see a different game yesterday? You can't expect anything less from Alan Partridge's favourite newspaper I know but I thought Croatia looked really average and while Modric might turn out to be a good signing for Spurs his general passing and first touch yesterday weren't good yesterday.

The three wise men on RTE have seen Modric play twice, once yesterday and once vs England in the 3-2 game at Wembley.

They kept shitting on about the physical nature of the PL and how he'll need to learn to cope...he was blooded in the Bosnian league on loan to Mostar from Dinamo. He got the shit kicked out of him there as an 18 year old, and still won player of the year in Bosnia. He won't struggle with a few tackles.

He looked good in patches yesterday, but once the team tired in the 2nd half he went off the boil. If Eduardo had been on the pitch yesterday it would have been a different story, both of Croatia's frontmen are donkeys, and the team will struggle to exert itself with no real threat up front.

they began at 4-1. I doubt their odds will get shorter than that - or at least before we see what happens today.
First word of advice is not to take advice from Avernus! You could get odds of 11/2 last week from Bet365. Now they're at 3/1 most places, with Ladbrokes at 7/2.

Can I just make a tiny complaint, the damn logo. Is it really necessary to make it swoop on and off the screen with every camera change/break? It's wreaking my head. Soon I will be dreaming about the ball coming out of the mountains.

First word of advice is not to take advice from Avernus! You could get odds of 11/2 last week from Bet365. Now they're at 3/1 most places, with Ladbrokes at 7/2.

well shit the bed!

Italy to beat Germany in the final.

Any takers?

The panel were on top form b4 the start of France-Romania.
Cocaine + Mutu was the subject........recreational. ;)

1st 16 mins and France look far the stronger and guess what? Anelka is playing very well.

Oh and gotta show my bitchy side, glad Judas Flamini never made the final cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back