Euro 2008 (10 Viewers)

Samuel Beckett couldnt write it much better.

Brady: “The games at five o’clock have been inferior.”
Billo: “For what reason?”
Brady: “Will, I think it is cooler at night, Bill.”
Billo: “Hold on, we’re only talking 23 degrees. That’s what it was like in Dublin today.”
Brady: “Still hot. Still hot. Still hot. I was playing golf today. I found it hot.”
Billo: “Did you shoot a good score Liam?”
Brady: “No, not really.”
Billo: “And were you as indolent as they (Romania and France) were?”
Gilesy: “Try playing golf at night Bill.”

What about Alan Shearer's new Personality injection. He's a Sleb, honest he is.
I think I preffered him when he spoke in binary code.

I guess my dream team would be Jeff Stelling with Dunphy, Sounness and Giles for comedy value with Magee and Dame Lawrenson in the box.

looks like Del Piero has learned the ancient art of controlling the ball with your thoughts.

31562_hp.jpg

all set to captain Italy against Romania.

Apart from having played football once and having little or no communication skills or any genuine insight into the sport, what qualities do Houghton/Kinsella/Cunningham et al possess that qualifies them to educate a nation on the finer points of the game? Serious question. Why are people who are so clearly terrible at talking hired to talk?

Ronnie Whelan is worse than these; he always sounds like he's about to bust out crying.

looks like Del Piero has learned the ancient art of controlling the ball with your thoughts.

31562_hp.jpg

all set to captain Italy against Romania.
respect for del boy, a class act. looked like he was gonna get the baggio treatment there for a while, but he bounced back. one of the best players i've ever seen in the flesh.

respect for del boy, a class act. looked like he was gonna get the baggio treatment there for a while, but he bounced back. one of the best players i've ever seen in the flesh.

yeah he's a quality player. I hope he makes his country proud tomorrow night and sticks away a few of his trademark goals.

Seriously lads, the RTE coverage is heads above BBC or anybody else. Giles, Dunphy, and O Herlihey are amazing compared to retards like Gary fucking Linekar and Alan Shearer. Good banter and no bullshit.
The only reason BBC coverage is being mentioned favourably this year is because we don't have to endure their insanely biased coverage of the England team for once. And isn't it fucking great! It actually makes a massive difference to their coverage when all their pundits aren't constantly being told to mention positive things about England all the time.
Contrast this shit with RTE's coverage of an Ireland match. At least the RTE boyos treat the match sensibly and relatively unbiased. If anything, they are more likely to say Ireland are shit than anything else, and most of the time Ireland are shit so that's accurate. Just rule Dunphy out of that one though, he's a raging madman when it comes to Ireland, obviously!

It'll be nice to see Del Piero start. He's always been treated as a bit of a super sub by Italy - like the Mexico game back in WC 2002 - and has still never been forgiven over here for missing those two chances in the final at Euro 2000 - well and for the fact that he plays for Juventus.

A kind of a desperate cheer went up where I saw the Italy-Holland game when they showed him getting ready to come on. But he made a difference and he was amazing for Juve this season.

I dont think anyone is criticising the lads in the studio. They are so far ahead of the game they can barely make out Gary Lineker's paedo smile. It's the co-commentators - Ray Houghton in particular - that make RTE very difficult viewing. And it's a real shame because the analysis is such compelling viewing at times.

Seriously lads, the RTE coverage is heads above BBC or anybody else. Giles, Dunphy, and O Herlihey are amazing compared to retards like Gary fucking Linekar and Alan Shearer. Good banter and no bullshit.
The only reason BBC coverage is being mentioned favourably this year is because we don't have to endure their insanely biased coverage of the England team for once. And isn't it fucking great! It actually makes a massive difference to their coverage when all their pundits aren't constantly being told to mention positive things about England all the time.
Contrast this shit with RTE's coverage of an Ireland match. At least the RTE boyos treat the match sensibly and relatively unbiased. If anything, they are more likely to say Ireland are shit than anything else, and most of the time Ireland are shit so that's accurate. Just rule Dunphy out of that one though, he's a raging madman when it comes to Ireland, obviously!

Well worked patient goal, Croatia going for the 2nd, this is where they def could do with it, I'd imagine Germany will come out a diff team after HT.
Bit like the first half of Portugal and Czech Republic yesterday, underdog playing out of their skins but then we all know what happened 2nd half, which is why I can understand Croatia going for the 2nd goal.

I'd say the main reason the BBC coverage is watchable is that Ian cunting Wright is no longer on it.

Saying that I religously watch the RTE boys now, I'm such a turncoat.

Crotia still pushing hard...save by Lehmann not as good as it 1st looked, was shot straight at him, I if anything watching Lehmann can see how slow his reactions have become.
On that note I've to go to work so 2nd half on 5live!

BTW anyone watching the Beeb on a Sky dish just use the interactive and use the 5live commentry.
Nothing beats those lads......obviously RTE panel pre match, HT and full time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back