Eno's Apollo at NCH (1 Viewer)

bogmanfan

is tonight. Anyone else going? I'm quite excited...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The NCH website lists the time for the show as being 8pm. Does anyone know if this means that the performance begins at 8pm or just that doors open at 8pm?

They're just doing the sound check now. It looks and sounds amazing.

I thought the first half was amazing. Actually found the visuals too distracting during Apollo and found I was concentrating on the screen, and not on the music. Overall a great night though.

Yer man in the middle talking about himself was rreeaally annoying.. if they could have gone quickly from the Glass piece to Apollo.... GAAHH. He did have something interesting to say but come one, you can only say "I'll be brief" before one anecdote :) It was amazing anyway, really enjoyable, I love a set up like that.. and the pedal steel was frickin awesome.. great visuals.. yer man hanging out of the space ship looking over the globe.. phueew.. apparently Eno's motivation was all the ill-informed chatter over the originally aired footage

Nobody knew he was to do that speech until the last minute. It was thrown in for the fact that it was science week. He came off stage and said "did I go on a bit?" Nobody answered.

Nobody knew he was to do that speech until the last minute. It was thrown in for the fact that it was science week. He came off stage and said "did I go on a bit?" Nobody answered.

My friend was wondering who got him to do it? I was of the opinion that he might have gotten himself to...

YO forget him though, it was a great night, I'd love to see more like it in the Concert Hall

What he said.

+1 from me. Been to a few shows there in recent years, and 3 this year. It's a gorgeous venue and the sound is fantastic once it's not too loud. Would be great to see more acoustic or folk gigs in there.

Tell me about it... I had to go in and sit through Niamh Kavanagh and the legends of swing tonight after that amazing night last night. There's definitely more and more decent gigs coming in these days thanks to Foggy Notions and Note productions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back