England more than likely out !!! (1 Viewer)

poetic justice
croatia, who had no qualifying motivation to win this match, still going wild at the end like they'd won the tournament - that's why they're going and england aren't.
moral courage, bill.

yer england were very poor indeed, mcclaren has got to go if they want to suceed and they need to bring in some fresh new faces into the team too, micah richards, michael johnston, and joe hart, all from man city, should be in there anyways, well maybe michael on the bench but none the less new fresh blood is whats needed

McClaren said in the post match interview that he had no control of the game, but he will not resign. What an utter cunt.

Bridge wouldn't get a game at Loftus Road, and our left back is shit.

I didn't realize he was playing until he took a few throw ins and that was around the 87th minute :confused:

croatia, who had no qualifying motivation to win this match, still going wild at the end like they'd won the tournament - that's why they're going and england aren't.
moral courage, bill.

Honesty of effort etc etc etc

That was really entertaining.. I thought it was all over and the Croats would sit back at 2-2, almost switched off the TV at that point... Croatia are great to watch, though they'd probably be even more effective if they played more directly now and then. Might be a dark horse for the Euros if they can hold it together. It's going to be weird having none of the 'British Isles' teams involved - when was the last time that happened?

Mind blowing hubris does for England again.

Going into a crucial match, they a) change their formation on it's head. ("They're good players, they'll be able to adapt" etc.) b) play a rookie goalie, ("he's in great from for villa") c) expect croatia to roll over.

It's weird listening to the bbc pundits speak about so few of the players playing to their potential. When have they ever played well when it really mattered? When has this 'potentional' ever manifested itself when playing for England?

It just happens that this time they have gotten found out in the qualifiers as opposed to bumbling into the quarters of a tourney and then bottling it. Their whole campaign was a shambles - no team has a divine right to qualify.

no team has a divine right to qualify.

This is what pissed me off more then anything else about the English attitude. As soon as Israel scored the second against Russia, it was all over the presses about England qualifying, they went from being a shit team to possible winners without playing a game for fuck sake...
Then there was talk about Beckham now getting to the 100th cap, they were supposed to be scouting possible locations for training camps in Austria, all the talk was of what seeding they get etc etc
That's probably what the Croatians used as motivation and they certainly looked more up for it then the English.

Don't fret, he will be gone soon enough.
No bookies would even give you odds of him being there in 12 months.

I doubt you'll get odds on him being there in 12 hours. They're meeting at 8.30am to discuss his future.

Staunton to replace him?

BBC Website said:
Croatia coach Slaven Bilic believed England's players were unable to cope with the expectations of a hugely expectant country and media.
"We didn't feel that kind of negative pressure," said Bilic.
"It's a bit hard, although they are world-class players and should cope with it, it is hard to cope with that kind of negative pressure.
Bilic added: "Wake up. You didn't lose the game because of the tactics. "We're simply a better team. I admire your team and your players but my team is a much better team."

"Wake up. We're simply a better team." :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back