• Start date
  • Replies 14
  • Views 929
  • Watchers 2

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
I'm gonna sail rail over to LDN for this. I have a humongous hankering to hear some SERIOUS bass and where better to satisfy that than the carnival! I may even go to the ABBA hologram as will..haven't decided about that yet.

Accommodation though.. gonna be a bit tricky.

Might have to stay in a Dorm or some shit as far as I can tell from a 2 min search... and its been 25 years since I did something like that.

Am I gonna end up like the old dude in Clockwork Orange .. beset upon by a bunch of droogs while I zaznoot ?

Even I'd consider carnival to be a bit of a trek.

I do have a mate who owns a gaff right on the route. Always meant to go round to his one year. Seeing it from the safety and comfort of his back garden rather than being in the thick of it.

I guess I could ask if he has a spare room going for you for the weekend. He owns a few houses in the area.

Only been to carnival once, many years ago. Had a couple of credible threats to my life and ended up talking to someone who knows Janer (formerly of this parish) IRL. It's good vibes all in all, but It's fucking hectic mate.

A lot of London people actually go to Luton Carnival, or Slough Carnival. They're just a little more manageable apparently.

The Abba thing is way off on the other end of London, and it's expensive. It's amazing from all I've been told. But there's really nothing else to do in that bit of London unless you have a CSCS card and can operate a digger. Or you can come work with me in the stadium.

Ooh I'm sure it'll be hectic alright. I was gonna bring my daughter but have decided against that she would'nt be able for the crowds. Also Channell One Sound are playing the Village Underground one of the nights and I wanna go to that

We were at a rather large Sufi gig in Jemaa el-Fnaa Square in Marrakesh two weeks ago and the two girls weren't loving it.
I on the other hand could have applied for a job as an apprentice snake charmer and stayed on.

The Abba yoke is £79 ..its a bit steep for 90 odd minutes alright but the trip is to celebrate my 50th birthday so I may splurge. The sound is supposed to be absolutely superlative

I most certainly won't be looking to get on the shovel when I'm there lol

Ooh I'm sure it'll be hectic alright. I was gonna bring my daughter but have decided against that she would'nt be able for the crowds. Also Channell One Sound are playing the Village Underground one of the nights and I wanna go to that

We were at a rather large Sufi gig in Jemaa el-Fnaa Square in Marrakesh two weeks ago and the two girls weren't loving it.
I on the other hand could have applied for a job as an apprentice snake charmer and stayed on.

The Abba yoke is £79 ..its a bit steep for 90 odd minutes alright but the trip is to celebrate my 50th birthday so I may splurge. The sound is supposed to be absolutely superlative

I heard £200, but you know more than me.

It's supposed to be astounding. The venue was built for the show. I'm sure you'll never see a more technically perfect gig.

As for Carnival, the crowds are a lot to deal with. And there's just no escaping it. I would guess the girls wouldn't like it. But seriously have a look at Carnivals elsewhere in England. Cheaper, more manageable, you can still get to London if you really want to do the Abba thing.

Also, avoid Wray and Nephews.

Last time I went was 1997, took acid and wandered around with my cousin and his 5 year old son.. Top day. Just sidle up to a good soundsystem and hang there, fuck wading through the crowds..
Thats exactly my plan. Find a bit of road beside a good sound that dosent have piss on it and have a sit when I'm not bopping

I've been once. Good fun but once you want to leave it's a nightmare to find your way out cos of all the road closures. Gets pretty wild once the sun goes down.
I'll be long gone by the time the sun goes down..I havent the stamina i once had

The Notting Hill Carnival is absolutely mind blowing. It is AWESOME.

No music lover could deny it.
I'm gonna sail rail over to LDN for this. I have a humongous hankering to hear some SERIOUS bass and where better to satisfy that than the carnival! I may even go to the ABBA hologram as will..haven't decided about that yet.

Accommodation though.. gonna be a bit tricky.

Might have to stay in a Dorm or some shit as far as I can tell from a 2 min search... and its been 25 years since I did something like that.

Am I gonna end up like the old dude in Clockwork Orange .. beset upon by a bunch of droogs while I zaznoot ?
This worked out nicely.

Will do it again.

how was the dorm?

who was the lad in your pic? only legend I saw in it was you.
I got a single room in Kings College Student accommodation. Totally excellent

That other dude is the singer from Hardskin

I got a single room in Kings College Student accommodation. Totally excellent

That other dude is the singer from Hardskin
I love his interaction with Tim Burgess here :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back