England more than likely out !!! (1 Viewer)

Becks was the last man off the pitch last night. He loves being the centre of everthing, even when england are shite. He'll get his 100th cap alright.

Beckham was part of England's only good piece of football - played a delicious ball into Crouch and Crouch scored a cracker. He really shouldn't retire. After all these years of hating him, I find him strangely likeable. His fitness ain't great, but he seems to do well coming into the game in the 2nd half. McClaren is a cunt and did absolutely nothing to raise their game. He brought nothing to the table and if anything is a large reason for their not qualifying.

They need someone who makes a team where anyone can score and everyone knows their role. Fuckin Lippi did it with Italia. But I doubt he'd go for it since he barely speaks English. I reckon they'll go for Capello. He's undeniably qualified and obviously interested.

Slaven Bilic. "I read that people said no Croatian player would make the England team. Wake up, seriously."

Guess what, Bilic had NO club management experience before becoming coach of Croatia. He makes Stan look qualified.
Funny ol game, innit.
bilic isn't retarded though.

if its capello would he even pick beckham again ?
capello only picks players in their 30's in anyways. surely it's time david "dave" beckham stood up and took the reigns. becks for player manager! play up, england.

Beckham is still a great crosser, but he's huffing and puffing after 20 mins of international football. Maybe if he hadn't fucked off to the US he might still be a viable option, but it no longer serves england to have the beckham circus and all the baggage it brings.

150 million yams? you can hardly blame him.plus the season is finished there.. i dunno, he's better than anything else they have. it all makes sven look like rinus michels, doesn't it?

i'd have taken it too.

becks just epitomises the glorious failure of enlgish football in the last ten years. talented bunch, but too willing to believe in their own publicity. It's best to get shot of him and build a new era, root and branch style.

mcclaren tried that, and capitulated. yeah they need to learn humility, maybe this will ahve done it for them. but a fit beckham is better than swp... less direct, but enland are, and always have been, a team that uses the restarts, as taylor called them, to their advantage. who better to float in a cross or free kick. new manager should start from a point of making the players acknowedge that they're failures and now they have to work hard to even get in the team. too many untouchables. james should have played... and last nigths match was a a reprieve, they were lucky to get that chance. the damage was done over the course of 12 games, so you can't blame wayne bridge and joleon lescott for being hopelessly out of their depth. robinson, terry, owen, ferdinand and rooney din't play last night, but they are culpable too. mcclaren proved england play better without gerrard and lampard in the same team, and he goes and picks them both and what happens?

A fit Beckham is a useful addition, but will you ever see a 'fit Beckham' again, now he's playing in a mickey mouse league? Doubtful. It's well known his presence was a malign influence in the squad; preferential treatment and all that carry-on. A big ego, in an environment of competing egos. All his goal last night proved was that he's still a great crosser. He gave the ball away for their winner.

Look at arsenal when henry left - the players are free from this sort of peer pressure. SWP would be a better bet without beckham eyeing up his jersey the whole time.

New manager needs to address these issues. Take those players down a peg our two; get them playing 4-4-2; build a solid team; dump lampard if needs be; they've got enough decent players to at least qualify.

England need to go back to basics like their rogby lads did.

There need to be a sea change in the public attitude towards the team too. Look at this rubbish on the bbc when discussing Jose Mourinho as a possible sucessor:

beeb site said:
The FA may be able to test his resolve with the right financial package, while the carrot of having the chance to win the World Cup may tempt him.

They're not even there yet!

i see lamps, gerrard, robinson et all all had great games for their clubs over the weekend, now the pressure has being lifted from them. first time in years they've not been weighed down by all that england expects bollocks or having to yak about how they're gonna win the tournament. you'll see now, one of them will win the champions league and we'll have the closest prem in ages.

see greavsie finally got his medal. and 122 other boys who didn't play in the finals of the world cup but were in tech squad. pele in 62, par example. plus in a bold move fifa have taken stephan guivarc'h and klebersens medals off them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back