Electric Picnic 2009 (1 Viewer)

thanks nlgbbbblth

so far you and Squiggle are the only people I don't think are absolute and utter arseholes

of the people who aren't going you eejit

well, basically in that other thread, pricks

Because of babysitting difficulties we've decided just to make a family day trip out of it on Saturday. Of course I'm being betared for refusing to sell the tickets. They're comps, back me up people!

Because of babysitting difficulties we've decided just to make a family day trip out of it on Saturday. Of course I'm being betared for refusing to sell the tickets. They're comps, back me up people!

I think you should give the comps to me and have a lovely family fun day in Portloaise town :p

Left at 1pm and not much traffic on the road. parking was grand. long walk from car park to main entrance. mud. more mud. pram stuck. lost. double back. realise am missing The XX, but can hear them clearly in the distance so it's not so bad. more mud. Remember priorities! FOOD. Short enough queues. 2 x really nice veggie burritos & 2 drinks = €24.50. Next, get bearings - don't want to get lost again. Pram not doing so well in the mud. Slow going. Very slow going. Child decides to walk while wearing sunglasses upside down. Pram still needs pushing. More mud. More wandering. Not actually seen any performances yet, (apart from a few minutes of Kid Creole & the coconuts), so time for Jape. Family stay behind drinking tea & trying best to ignore samba band while i wade to very muddy jacks repeating "it's only rainwater it's only rainwater it's only rainwater" to myself. Not fooling anyone. Get to tent as the jape intro kicks in. The kids love the jape. Like, REALLY love the jape. Tent is fairly rammed. New song "scorpio" dedicated to "one twelfth of the audience". Dancing In The Dark slash Bono moment as randomer pulled from crowd to perform Streetwise. Gives it socks and is officially endorsed for romance with the ladies. Set ends with I Was A Man & we are informed that Bat For Lashes have cancelled and will be replaced by David Kitt. Return to family to assist with nappy change. Head to Cosby tent to take care of some serious business but are delayed by randomers photographing child. Ditch family and head to cosby tent. While there, a few minutes of walkmen is seen. Not really my thing. Business taken care of, meet up again with family and see a bit of lisa hannigan on the main stage. Debate staying for Brian Wilson but the child's bedtime dictates otherwise. Realise while driving home that only 4 bands have been seen. Must try harder tomorrow.

Spotted: Pantone, Vinny, Ryan Tubridy, Glenda Gilsenan & possibly Patrick Bergin.

nice one pete, I like it.

Left at 10am. Easy drive. Forgot to get money so had to go into Stradbally for cash. SuperValu full of festival goers not even one of them scary. Park easily immediately meet people from navan I know. Longish walk to main entrance, but not the worst. Pay the mandatory contribution (supposed to be €30 each but since we'd only be in for Saturday we were given day passes and only asked for €10 each, which was nice.) Lots of fun in mud-pools. So delighted to have bought decent wellies last weekend in Mayo. Got to the entrance but it wasn't open :-( however it was opening in about 3 minutes :). Met Clonan Attack. Hit the VIP area for coffee and picnic. Left family to see Cap Pas Cap, met Pad. Back to family, hit the family zone. Lots of fun doing archery etc. Got "in the flesh" waiting for balloon making man for finish chatting up milfs. Gave up on balloons, missed storytelling as a result of annoying balloon man. Took time to calm down. Went walkabout. Half family went on the ferris wheel. More mud based fun. Went into Body & Soul area. Beer. Playing. Walked around the artisty area, saw loads of brill woodwork and metal work. Dinnertime! Lovely chips. Realised it was later than we thought and we'd be able to see the Circus after all. Saw the circus. Suddenly it was dark. The kids loved being out, at a gig in the dark! Walked happily the longish distance back to the car.

Kids brought: 2. No of kranky moments from kids: 0. Bands seen: 1. Good Times: loads.

Success.

sunday review: woke up. looked out window. decided it would be in child's best interest if we stayed home. gutted.

this is officialy the first warning of 'we couldnt get out of the car park for 4/5/6 hours because its was slippy as fck and no-one had thought to make it unslippy'

believe me this will make the news.....

cameraman, if you want fun pictures of cars stuck in mud head to car parks....theyll be everywhere in an hour or so.

Yep, it's going to be carnage in the car parks and the local farmers will make a small fortune towing people out of the mud.

Herself and is back and is giving it a 7.5 outta 10.

Not bad.

right

ABC were amazing, just..... awesome.
Marina and the Diamonds was brilliant, just you mark my words, this time next year etc.
Madness, Brian Wilson, incredible.
lots of other good stuff.

but all must bow before the awesome might that was Kid Creole and the Coconuts. I can only assume he was paid with a gigantic novelty cheque or a wheelbarrow of cash

Shit weekend. Friday was a right off thanks to several hours of tailbacks. Saturday I saw Cap Pas Cap (vg), The XX (deadly), Walkmen (vg), Jape (amazing), Marina and The Diamonds (pretty good), Brian Wilson (amazing!!!), Explosions in The Sky (sweet). Then myself and 3 friends got attacked by a bunch of scumbags. Which was both intense and intensely shit. Seeing 2 of my friends (including a girl) getting punched in the face was just fucking awful. Managed to deflect their attention to me specifically, which was better but not great. No security in sight. Brilliant. Eventually we got the main guy arrested, which was satisfying. Saw some Four Tet, not bad.. headed to bed with a bleeding head and cut face. Sunday, felt like shit.. saw First Aid Kit (great), J. Tillman (wonderful).. wasn't in the mood for anything really. Saw Florence & The Machine (pretty good) and some Echo & The Bunnymen (not bad). Fleet Foxes were great, but by then I just wanted the fuck out of that muddy nightmare full of self serving unfunny brain dead pricks. Packed up the gear, trekked back to the car through misery and mud. Then couldn't get out due to the mud. Cursed Electric Picnic, the organisers, the everythings. Thankfully, after about 1hour sitting in shit, a local farmer named Michael Fingleton generously towed us out..

Worst weekend ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back