Electric Picnic 2009 (1 Viewer)

to carry on from where Avernus left off......

when Madness came on stage I noticed I was suddenly at Oxegen, complete with some dickhead atop someone's shoulders, waving the leg of a mannequin around and shouting orders at people.

glad I left early yesterday, I had the best time ever but I wanted to go immediately.

is this the same Avernus who punched (kicked?) a girl in the stomach? I'll have to drag up that thread

Shit weekend. Friday was a right off thanks to several hours of tailbacks. Saturday I saw Cap Pas Cap (vg), The XX (deadly), Walkmen (vg), Jape (amazing), Marina and The Diamonds (pretty good), Brian Wilson (amazing!!!), Explosions in The Sky (sweet). Then myself and 3 friends got attacked by a bunch of scumbags. Which was both intense and intensely shit. Seeing 2 of my friends (including a girl) getting punched in the face was just fucking awful. Managed to deflect their attention to me specifically, which was better but not great. No security in sight. Brilliant. Eventually we got the main guy arrested, which was satisfying. Saw some Four Tet, not bad.. headed to bed with a bleeding head and cut face. Sunday, felt like shit.. saw First Aid Kit (great), J. Tillman (wonderful).. wasn't in the mood for anything really. Saw Florence & The Machine (pretty good) and some Echo & The Bunnymen (not bad). Fleet Foxes were great, but by then I just wanted the fuck out of that muddy nightmare full of self serving unfunny brain dead pricks. Packed up the gear, trekked back to the car through misery and mud. Then couldn't get out due to the mud. Cursed Electric Picnic, the organisers, the everythings. Thankfully, after about 1hour sitting in shit, a local farmer named Michael Fingleton generously towed us out..

Worst weekend ever.

Sorry to hear that. I stopped going two years ago when I got started on for no reason twice in the space of about ten minutes. Not my kinda buzz.

Sorry to hear that. I stopped going two years ago when I got started on for no reason twice in the space of about ten minutes. Not my kinda buzz.

Yeah, it's bullshit really. Obviously it can happen anywhere.. but paying €240 for the pleasure without any provision for counteracting that kind of contingent is where I say no more. Never again.

Yeah, it's bullshit really. Obviously it can happen anywhere.. but paying €240 for the pleasure without any provision for counteracting that kind of contingent is where I say no more. Never again.

that is shite. really really shite.

i refused to go after the first one.

ugh.

fuck sake, i went to the first two picnics and they were deadly, really sound people, no scumbag elements, and sound security people. sounds like its turning into oxygen now. why can't we have nice things?

I was under the impression that there might not be another one?

rumour has it?

Yeah I totally agree about paying for the pleasure. IF I want a mainstream festival now I'm off to the continent.

A friend of mine, who likes to party, sez: "the people who are complaining are mostly prudes who are just not cut for festivals".

Chin-strokers like me wouldn't be welcome in his festival world.
And I've made peace with that. I don't go to them.

I'm retrospectively justifying my own laziness here.

A friend of mine, who likes to party, sez: "the people who are complaining are mostly prudes who are just not cut for festivals".

hire some scumbags to beat him up next time he goes to a festival.

I stopped going after 2007 too. Didn't enjoy myself at all that year. Didn't get any good vibes at all.

But here, I don't get it when people genuinely believe that Electric Picnic is some kind of Mecca where only the soundest of the sound go and nobody gets in any bother. It's just not true, when you put 32,500 people in a field and they drink/do drugs/whatever, there's always going to be problems.

Sorry to hear about your shit time avernus.

I'm retrospectively justifying my own laziness here.

I like to think I'm far from being a prude but maybe I am just getting old. I still like to party fucking hard and get covered in muck though I don't really feel the need to pay €240 for the privilege.

I was under the impression that there might not be another one?

rumour has it?

There's always rumours about no more EP, but they are mostly speculation. Given that Festival Republic only invested heavily this year, then I would expect it to be around for a few years yet.

sounds like its turning into oxygen now. why can't we have nice things?

Hardly. I saw more families than ever this year and way more people over 50. If anything I thought it'd gotten tamer. Quite happy to let the lads run about. Only steered them away from dickheads once. So I bet they were the ones who hit up Avernus. Were they all overweight in tracksuits?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back