Electric Picnic 2007 thread (2 Viewers)

i saw that aih/cyhsy/final fantasy mash up. Was interesting but the british dj after was even better, Groucho or somethin? Really deadly sound on that big chill area, nice set up aswell.

Saw Somadrome, that mash up and a bit of Halfset there. Body and Soul definitely best area, pity the sound in the electric arena was poor for so many but i still think the 2 Beasties shows were highlights, sounded fine from the front.
Rahzael and Final Fantasy were other major highlights.

Modest Mouse were just as arrogant as at ATP, grand set but nothin special.
Nice to see the Sonic Youth playing their "hits" as a slightly uneducated fan.

Deadly, deadly weekend

I walked around in a nice haze for most of the weekend and bumped into a few thumped people.

The highlights for me were Marco Carola, The Undertones, Beastie boys on Sunday and the vegie pie place near the main entrance to Body & Soul. Horace Andy was nice and relaxing for a Sunday afternoon before it started raining.

[FONT=&quot]There didn’t seem to be as many queues for food this year and I thought the toilets were clean but smelly, which I could cope with. Overall it was better run than last year and the nordie security were great.[/FONT]

Yeay! So much fun!

Friday was all a bit meh. Bjork was good, but a bit to ballady and slow for my liking.

Highlights for me:
That guy Final Fantasy - mind blowing
Seeing Beastie Boys - twice!
Arse dancing with Diddles outside Josh Wink - she's a persistent woman.
Si Schroeder
Dancing to Noise Control at 2.30 this morning at The Next Stage
Three of us hijacking someone's inflatable couch this morning and lounging on it until around 5.30 talking shite!

Nothing really bugged me... anything that wasn't great could have been so much worse!

I thought Friday was only alright as well, but Shaddurday was up with my best concer-going experiences. My highlights were !!! playing, talking to the guy from !!!, axing 65daysofstatic a question in the hot press tent, the 65dos gig, Final Fantasy (who was only fucking amazing).

Low points were losing my girlfriend and panicking cos I was drunk, drinking Bacardi which I thought was water when I woke up in the night dying for a drink, and just missing a chat with Owen Pallet. Nothing too bad, though.

I feel weird, it's going to take a while to get over this one, things got a little strange in the woods saturday night/sunday morning. Highlights for me were Spiritualized and Modest Mouse.

Oh yeah and Deerhoof were awesome. Apparently I attended Iggy, UNKLE, The Go Team, Sonic Youth and Primal Scream on Sunday..but errm, I fully blacked out which is not cool and can remember only the slightest bits and pieces...

Crackin weekend,bjork, !!!,Sonic youth,deerhoof, were amazin.final fantasy and especially his Joanna Newsome cover fuckin floored me.Great to meet nate, cookiemonster,moose,gambra and squiggle again,all in all,.|..|.|..|.|..|

Really great weekend, my first time going to the E.P. and I only found out on Wednesday night that I could get hold of a ticket.. Highlights: Deerhoof (that lanky dude is a monster drummer and Satomi was cool with her mysterious hand gestures and jump kicks), Final Fantasy (with probably the most enthusiastic crowd of the weekend), Bjork, Fujiya & Miyagi (not that keen on their album but they were great live and the crowd went nuts for them), Kieran Hebden & Steve Reid (which I thought was a lot better than the time they were in the Spiegeltent a few months back).. also good were The Jimmy Cake, The Fall, LCD Soundsystem, MIA, Sonic Youth and Bat For Lashes.. The pie place near the main stage was indeed excellent, though its reputation had spread so much by Sunday that the queue was too long to bother with. Camping not too bad, generally a good atmosphere though the security seemed annoyingly tight in places (i.e. getting searched\checked twice on the way in and out of the campsite).

I'm a big big fan and I got kinda embarrassed as I knew what songs were coming when he was setting up his loops so I was whooping it up like crazy at the start of them before everyone else copped what they were and reacted.

Class,I had fuck all expectations for that which made it all the more poignant

Highlights
- Green campsite. Handy for carpark and arena.

- Green toilets with long drops. Nicer than rapidly filling portaloos. The guy trying to retrieve his dropped wallet made for an interesting experience.

- LCD Soundsystem. Pity they didn't play Losing My Edge though.

- The Jimmy Cake. None of the people with me had seen them live before and all were well-impressed.

- Pieminister. As always.

- Jesus and Mary Chain. Rocked. Dead easy to get close to the stage. Opening with Never Understand was amazing.

- The Fall. Great to hear Wings again.

- Sonic Youth. Kim Gordon spinning.

- Watching a guy pick eco cups out of the trough urinal near the Electric Arena.

Lowlights
- My mate discovering, en route, that he had forgotten his ticket thus adding two more hours onto our journey.

- The non-Scottish security. Dour fuckers whose total disdain for the music and other attractions was obvious. 'I haven't heard one decent song all weekend' said one to the other.

- Yesterday's rain. Soul destroying.

- Bars closing at 10pm. If this has to happen then let people bring cans into the arena. Putting vodka + red bull or buckfast into a plastic bottle isn't for everyone. Also, it's unfair that some people get away with it and others don't.

- Not getting to meet up with everybody I wanted.

- The death of a fellow festival-goer. RIP.

Highlights

- Bars closing at 10pm. If this has to happen then let people bring cans into the arena. Putting vodka + red bull or buckfast into a plastic bottle isn't for everyone. Also, it's unfair that some people get away with it and others don't.

I queued for 45 mins at the body and soul to gt a pint before the guards shut it down (as I was 4 fronm the front) at 10.30,in retrospect tho,more booze probably wasnt needed.Ill still whinge about it tho!

I think I was standing next to you during it.

Really? Cool. Pity you didn't say Hi.

I totally danced my legs off on Saturday and yesterday. I found the security mad. They were checking in bags but I was wearing a jacket tied round my waste that could easily have been concealing at least 4 cans, and had a hip flask stuck in my pocket - no bag so I never got checked.

Oh, and weird proof that the EP is a funny place. Tent was pitched right behind the egg_ castle and only saw egg_ and mrs. egg_ on Friday when I arrived.

I found a lot of the security people to be arseholes. one dude came over to us at our tent to take a bottle of wine off my mate - he was sound enough and said "can you pour it into a plastic bottle?" and then his bitch colleague shouted across "taaake it!" so he did. then as yer man poured it out, a smaller bitch with them spat in a filthy scottish accent "see what happens? you're wasting your money!!" - I snapped back "you don't have to be an asshole about it!". They didn't.

fuck them.

Still, we laughed our asses off doing variations on that line in our own brand of scot for the entire weekend.

On the Friday evening we got very worried about having our decanted bottles confiscated, seemed like a lot of folks were being nabbed so one of the lads went on through without anything, and we tossed ours under the fence to him.
Panicking about getting caught with a full 750ml bottle, not fun.

They didn't even search my bag :rolleyes: Same for the entire weekend, just strolled through. Now that I think of it, was the same last year. No checks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back