Early Warning...HOOT NIGHT (1 Viewer)

I used to drink in the Morrison. Before the euro that is.

Missed this "Hot" Night you're all talking about. Give me the gist of it? Sounds like it was funky. I like bands... Bagatelle... stuff like that.

Peace out, man.

Yah, the Morrison used to be loike, yknow, way cool and that, until they started letting, loike, yknow, poor people from slums in, yah? Places loike Clontarf and Stillorgan, yah? It's just been, loike, yknow, downhill from there, yah?

i got some great funny looks in there recently, sitting in the lobby looking decidedly scruffy

enjoyable night:

the HGF, Estel, and Playground were the 'serious' highlights and neosupervital's first song was fucking hilarious.

i don't really like the venue though, and the sound was shite for a lot of it.

i'll be at the next one, if only to see how many people do 'ironic' versions..

estel = cheek for playing their own song.... it was good though, so forgiven.

Originally posted by the pope
enjoyable night:
i don't really like the venue though, and the sound was shite for a lot of it.

What didn't you like about the sound? What would you have liked more of? The guitars? On stage, the sound was great.

The venue IS a bit swanky swanky, but hey someone ralphed right in the doorway to the women's john so that's fairly punk rock.

Off to the Bijou,

!baggyyyy

The sound was shite - from where I was sitting in the venue, anyway. It was all bass and kick drum ... didn't hardly hear a single guitar until near the end of the night.

Originally posted by GrRrrrR
The sound was shite - from where I was sitting in the venue, anyway. It was all bass and kick drum ... didn't hardly hear a single guitar until near the end of the night.

Right, next time do me a favor. Tell me. I have NO problem asking sound folk to make adustments. Someone let me know that the keyboards are too quiet and I'll say over the mic "Mr. Soundman, I'm getting reports that the room can't hear the keyboards. Can you look into that?" Then he'll fix it feeling like he was the one in charge. Ah, the things they taught me in social work school!

Set list coming right up!

xo

!baggyyyy

Chicago vs. Dublin Hoot Set List

Tom Dunning & Your Boyfriends - Kitty Kat (Justin Roberts)

Mumblin' Deaf Ro - Theme from Bugsy Malone (Paul Williams), Ghost (The Sewing Room)

Michael Knight - How To Fight Loneliness (Wilco), What's Another Year (Johnny Logan)

Holy Ghost Fathers - Jesus Built My Hotrod (Ministry), The Rocky Road to Dublin (Bagatelle)

Neosupervital - The Glory of Love(Theme from Karate Kid) (Peter Cetera), Flying Without Wings (Westlife)

Capratone - The Great Escape (The Asteroids), 6 Ft 1 (Liz Phair)

Estel - Racer X (Big Black), Drive Me To Hell (Estel)

Tom Dunning & Your Boyfriends - Hallelujah Jordan (Hothouse Flowers)

The Tycho Brahe - I Don't Like Mondays (The Boomtown Rats), Eye of the Tiger (Survivor)

Settler - Ghost Ship In A Storm (Jim O'Rourke), Miss Sarajevo (The Passengers [U2, Eno & Pavoratti] )

Playground Psychotic - When You Sleep (My Bloody Valentine), Girl You'll Be A Woman Soon (Urge Overkill)

Tom Dunning & Your Boyfriends - The Emperor's New Clothes (Sineád O'Connor)

Re: Chicago vs. Dublin Hoot Set List

Originally posted by stunning
Playground Psychotic - Girl You'll Be A Woman Soon (Urge Overkill)
[/B]

Hmm. Is Neil Diamond Chicago-an?

Re: Re: Chicago vs. Dublin Hoot Set List

Originally posted by old
Hmm. Is Neil Diamond Chicago-an?

Nah, but we covered the Urge Overkill version - couldn't you tell?;).

The amount of people that came up and said, 'Um, what was that song?" Completely unrecognisable.

Re: Re: Re: Chicago vs. Dublin Hoot Set List

Originally posted by Psychotic no 2
The amount of people that came up and said, 'Um, what was that song?" Completely unrecognisable.

was talking to grrrr the next day and hadn't a notion what he was on about. :rolleyes:
mbv was the sh!t though.

A Death Metal vs. Speed Metal night would be great tho'.

Or a Pixies vs. breeders.

Or a good music vs. Bad music night.

Originally posted by enchance
A Death Metal vs. Speed Metal night would be great tho'.

Uhm...I don't know if I could really make that work, but thanks for the ideas!

For folks interested, at hootnight.com there is a bulletin board AND more importantly a theme suggestion form. Have at it! But don't be bummed if I don't use your theme. Over the years, I've only used one theme from the suggestion box and it came from my bass player who said she'd kick my ass if I didn't use it and she meant it and she could do it so I did. Saying that, if a great theme comes through I'll be delighted to put it to use.

June feels so far away, doesn't it? If the next show is as brilliant as I think its going to be I might move them to every 6 weeks instead of every 8. Just a thought.

Just heard that the Hoot Night got a mention in Hot Press AND that there is an article on Neosupervital.

Looking forward to the read on my way down to Waterford for the gig tonight!

:)

!baggyyyy

Originally posted by stunning
Just heard that the Hoot Night got a mention in Hot Press AND that there is an article on Neosupervital.

Correction: The article on Neosupervital is in another magazine...something like Fluffy Sweaters or Fuzzy Tangerines or something. Sorry Tim!

!baggyyyy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back