The Cure vs. The Carpenters HOOT Night, Fri 26th (1 Viewer)

It was great fun alright.
Crumb were the highlight for me. Whenever I see them I always think "I wouldn't like to be following them" but on friday my worst nightmare came true!
Crumb are the bands band, I think.
You know, the band that everyone likes but other bands really like.

I said this to Mike but Grooms prog rock ways were just demented, in a really good way, it was like punk never happened and Mike was free to induldge his Genesis fetish... you want to keep an eye on that...

It was great fun alright.
Crumb were the highlight for me. Whenever I see them I always think "I wouldn't like to be following them" but on friday my worst nightmare came true!
Crumb are the bands band, I think.
You know, the band that everyone likes but other bands really like.

Thanks to everyone for the great comments about the show, it was defintely a great atmosphere in the house...I kind of let go of my expectations of how the audience should experience a Hoot and let it freely unfold...there was insane levels of talking throughout even the best songs, but I don't think the bands minded too much...it was part of vibe, yes?

As far as fun goes, I'd say it was the best Dublin Hoot...musically I'm not sure. There were stellar performances and I'm sure you'll understand that I won't be commenting here about what I liked and didn't like - but I don't think I chose the theme well. Working on a New Order vs. Abba idea at the moment. Oui?

As far as fun goes, I'd say it was the best Dublin Hoot...musically I'm not sure. There were stellar performances and I'm sure you'll understand that I won't be commenting here about what I liked and didn't like - but I don't think I chose the theme well. Working on a New Order vs. Abba idea at the moment. Oui?[/quote]

I would agree. I thought the Hoot worked better where the brief was a little more open, like the 'Fed up and Strange' one. How about a Guilty Secrets Hoot Thomas??

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back