Early Warning...HOOT NIGHT (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by stunning
Give me a minute, I'll think of something...

here tom-ass, you gonna get a chance to stick the hoot night up on the things listings or d'ya want me to do it?

Originally posted by conor
here tom-ass, you gonna get a chance to stick the hoot night up on the things listings or d'ya want me to do it?

Conor,

Still having problems logging in...Can you do it?

I sent the info to the info address...

Cheers,

TD

Ps. I like it when you reference my ass.

Originally posted by lorcanzo
woo! capratone are mike from settler's side project.

i didn't know that.

Right. At the risk of having embarrassed Mike from Capratone and Tim from Neosupervital, I should say that I wrote that for the sake of the Chicago audience who would actually know Mike and Tim, cuz their like famous there. You know that kinda way? No offense to the mighty Capratones or Tim.

hey Thomas - are you asking the bands what tunes they're playing?

20 versions of "Sweet home Chicago" could make for an interesting night. We could mix and match them all and make a charity record! I already have my shades to do a Jake Elwood impersonation...now where'd I put the drugs....

Originally posted by bfenby2
:) Speaking as somebody who was at the Easter Hoot @ Schubas Easter 2002 Chicago, this is not to be missed. Depspite the infectious energy he brings to the bands, Thomas Dunning is the ultimate MC for dis kinda gig...I've already seen quite a buzz about this event among Things-type bands and for good reason - it's all about the bands, the music, the pure expression of the skit...c u there (posting under new name cos I've forgotten old password)...DO NOT MISS!!! Yummy. (says me)

BFenby posted this to the old thread so I'm moving it over here...

Thanks B.

Thomas

Recipe for drunk bands:

Gather 10 local bands (approx. 40 people) in swanky pub after a hard weeks' work at 6.30 on a Friday. Tell each band they only have to play for 10 minutes each. Watch bands get absolutely shit-faced! HOOT!

and thomas wonders why there was never anything like the hoot night here before.... :D

Originally posted by Pantone247
three words

ALL

STAR

JAM!!

40+ of dublins finest drunkly jamming through, uh, "Jail Break" or something, like driving a high powered mercedes backwards up the M50 on monday morning rush hour

We're gonna need 20 amps! Dublin Geetar choir!

Originally posted by Unclealo

I'm totally and firmly convinced that this is the best idea ever and that only good, not bad, will come from its fruitation. yes.

How many drum kits we looking at?

The idea watching Joss and Settler Tim 'drum off' makes me giddy

Originally posted by Pantone247
I'm totally and firmly convinced that this is the best idea ever and that only good, not bad, will come from its fruitation. yes.

How many drum kits we looking at?

The idea watching Joss and Settler Tim 'drum off' makes me giddy

10 kits. I'm totally convinced of this.. and we're gonna a get a choir thing going on as well....

Ehh, *coughs nervously* can we actually seriously think about doing this sometime? What was that one that the two Sonic Youth boys were involved in? Damn that could be fun. We could do covers of popular chart hits with 20 guitars and nothing else. hehe.

Originally posted by GrRrrrR
Ehh, *coughs nervously* can we actually seriously think about doing this sometime? What was that one that the two Sonic Youth boys were involved in? Damn that could be fun. We could do covers of popular chart hits with 20 guitars and nothing else. hehe.

Lee and Thurston met in Glenn Branaca's guitar orchestra thingy

it would be pretty aces to do... for the people on stage...
possibly not aces for the poor folk who'd have to come and listen to it
I say yay!

theres an "art rock" group in london called Big Bottom and its seven or eight bass players, we watched a documentary in college about it (yay!) amazing 4 basses keeping down the low end riffage, two basses soloing over this and two guys making total noise terrorism over the top of it all

amazing

Originally posted by GrRrrrR

This sounds remarkably like Multi-storey EVIL: the concept myself and Dubh have been joking about

We all so have to do this :D

This sounds remarkably like Multi-storey EVIL

thats a pretty great name

put it like -

MULTISTOREY:EVIL

deadly, black and white in heavy sans serif font

it would look amazing

logos are so important to a good band... people forget this... what will school chikdren draw with permanat marker on their army stylee school bags if you don't have a good logo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back