Dustin the Turkey's Bid for the Eurovision (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter Sufi
  • Start date
  • Replies 160
  • Views 21K
  • Watchers 6
We're some shower of simple cunts. We're probably the only country in the history of the eurovision that put forward a novelty song full of rubbish in jokes that could only be understood by the few million people in our own country, sung by a rubber puppet in a thick urban brogue only understood by half of our own country, and the only sorta joke in the whole song was a weak sub-pantomine-in-the-tivoli-effort about the once-irish presenter of the eurovision on the bbc. It takes some superhuman effort to embarrass yourself in a competition that's regularly won by israeli transexuals and finnish factory workers in full lord of the rings orc regalia. I wouldn't be surprised if we are excommunicated from Europe tomorrow. I wouldn't mind if Dustin was funny, but to me he was always some ugly looking rubbery Dublin thing shat out of Zig and Zag with about as much wit as the blaring blazing diarrhea that comes on 98fm and fm 104 to torture me on the commute each morning.

wow...

I guess Dustin's thing was supposed to be irreverant towards the EV, but the yolk was so pathetically parochial and badly executed that the joke was on us all along.

Who cares anyway?

For the 'whadafuck!' factor...I'd give it to Azerbaijan.

"Irish turkey told - get stuffed!"

suggested headline for the papers today

the Star maybe

i think that what ireland failed to realise is that for almost all other european countries, cheese is the order of the day with their music... have you actually listened to the radio in germany?... it's all super-cheesey europop and excruciating power ballads (i.e. the eurovision)...

...ireland just stepped over the line by taking the piss in a completely unsubtle way... the booing from the crowd should have told us something...

We're some shower of simple cunts. We're probably the only country in the history of the eurovision that put forward a novelty song full of rubbish in jokes that could only be understood by the few million people in our own country, sung by a rubber puppet in a thick urban brogue only understood by half of our own country, and the only sorta joke in the whole song was a weak sub-pantomine-in-the-tivoli-effort about the once-irish presenter of the eurovision on the bbc. It takes some superhuman effort to embarrass yourself in a competition that's regularly won by israeli transexuals and finnish factory workers in full lord of the rings orc regalia. I wouldn't be surprised if we are excommunicated from Europe tomorrow. I wouldn't mind if Dustin was funny, but to me he was always some ugly looking rubbery Dublin thing shat out of Zig and Zag with about as much wit as the blaring blazing diarrhea that comes on 98fm and fm 104 to torture me on the commute each morning.

big deal. eurovision me hole.

I predict Frank MacNamara will be leading the 'i told you so' posse on Liveline this afternoon.

I can't wait.

Joe Dolan supported by a broom - it would be like a cabaret El Cid.
I can't see how we could lose if we did this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back