duff :) (1 Viewer)

The mighty QPR of course! We tried to get him on a season lond loan at the start of last season, but he started playing a few games at spurs and that was that.

thegoone said:
whos we robbie?

he would have been very young
hes highly rated at spurs

robbie ryan for millwall aint too shabby a full back either

The three of them (Santini Arnensen and Jol) are working well together, but the obvious cracks in the team are merely being papered over at the moment. It'll take 6 months for the team to gel, but when it does I'm expecting good things.

Midfield looks strong now, something like Atouba-Davis-Carrick-Davies, with Mendes/Redknapp/Jackson/Ricketts as backup. Reidy would be a nice addition, despite my fat-boy jibes earlier.

Problem is at the back, the back four and Robbo need to get used to each other fast. King needs to learn that he's the pacy one and Naybet is the one who can read the game.

Up front, no worries with Defoe on the prowl. The boy is sheer genius.

thegoone said:
the mighty QPR

oh how the mighty have fallen

what good players did they used to have back in the day?
i can barely remember them now
Les Ferdinand, Kevin Gallen, and wasn't Sinclair there at some stage?

Oh, and Clive Wilson at full-back.

Depends how far back you go, When we finished as the highest London team in the premiership (its first year, 92/93), we had the likes of Danny Maddix, David Bardsley, Andy Sinton, Clive Wilson, Ray Wilkins, Dani Dichio, Kev Gallen in his pre-pie eating prime, Les Ferdinand and of course the mighty Dennis Bailey and his hat trick in our 4-1 stuffing of United at OT on new years day!

thegoone said:
the mighty QPR

oh how the mighty have fallen

what good players did they used to have back in the day?
i can barely remember them now

Switzerland

It was a really disappointing performance. Aside from 20 mins in the first half we were way off the pace and totally negative. There was nobody running to create options up forward and the defending was way too deep and stand-offish. It's worrying that Brian Kerr seemed content with it afterwards. I don't remember us putting together a decent attacking movement in the whole second half.

that was a really weird match. first we're looking great. then switzerland are all over us. then back to us looking good again. then half time. then total shite. total. i stopped paying attention with about 30 minutes left. both teams had run out of steam. lucky for us the swiss didn't keep the pressure up after they equalised or we'd have been buried. roy just don't cut it no more and the state of poor ould cunningham when yakin scored. ha. still, yakin's a class act.

therecklessone said:
He looks quality, I'mjust not too sure he'll get a chance at Spurs this year. We've brought in Edman, Pamarot, Atouba (can play left-back) and we still have the Argentinian butcher Taricco on the books.

:(
speaking of poor spurs players...that phil ifil is playing for england u19s tonight v ireland u19s i turners cross....so i'm gonna heckle him in reponse to the spurs fans posts earlier!

Robbie Analog said:
Depends how far back you go, When we finished as the highest London team in the premiership (its first year, 92/93), we had the likes of Danny Maddix, David Bardsley, Andy Sinton, Clive Wilson, Ray Wilkins, Dani Dichio, Kev Gallen in his pre-pie eating prime, Les Ferdinand and of course the mighty Dennis Bailey and his hat trick in our 4-1 stuffing of United at OT on new years day!
roy wegerlely. the yank.

Re: Switzerland

Richie said:
It was a really disappointing performance. Aside from 20 mins in the first half we were way off the pace and totally negative. There was nobody running to create options up forward and the defending was way too deep and stand-offish. It's worrying that Brian Kerr seemed content with it afterwards. I don't remember us putting together a decent attacking movement in the whole second half.
reid over the top to keane. keane onside. assistant ref said offside.

ms.b.haven said:
and shay given was impressive as always thank god or we would've lost for sure. hakin yakin-class name
i hate both yakins. smarmy turks.

roy, duff, robbie looked kinda unfit.. lacking sharpness.
o'brien and cunnigham were quite good, as was morrisson and kavanagh when he came on.
reid's first game at that level.
given - legend.
an ok result against a very aggressive swiss side, we could've nicked just as much as they could've, but i'd say they'd be more dissapointed for dropping 2 points at home.
france'll destroy us if we play like that though.

kavanagh to swiss lad taking a throw:
yer a fuckin aaaarsehole aaren't ye?

kavanagh to yakin after a bit of unfair play:
ye know what you are? you're a wanker! here! wanker! you're a fucking wanker!

kavanagh: my new hero.

we always play better when 'we're' the underdogs. i think they got it into their heads that it'd be no problem getting a good result against the swiss so they play lazy.

kavanagh to swiss lad taking a throw:
yer a fuckin aaaarsehole aaren't ye?

kavanagh to yakin after a bit of unfair play:
ye know what you are? you're a wanker! here! wanker! you're a fucking wanker!

kavanagh: my new hero.[/QUOTE]
good alright but not john aldridge league yet!

Only because years ago I fancied the ‘three amigos’ (Kelly,McAteer,Babb) but ended up taking and interest in it all.

thegoone said:
hey ms b haven are a closet football fan or wha? :)

ah john alridge, hero of the hour in world cup '98, was only talking about that last night! on another note the N.Ireland/wales game was a joke :D
trev said:
QUOTE]
good alright but not john aldridge league yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back