duff :) (1 Viewer)

thegoone

Website
mushroomjohn.com
Damien Duff took a full part in training this morning at the St Jakob stadium in Basel ahead of tomorrow's World Cup qualifier with Switzerland.

Duff had been expected to rest his injured ankle today ahead of tomorrow's vital game.

However, the ankle has been responding to treatment and the signs are good that the Chelsea winger will be fit to play tomorrow.

excellent !

what do you reckon for left back..Finnan or Maybury ?

Maybury is not that bad...but finnan has a bit more experience at this level, so he'll get the nod.

Then theres always Kevin Kilbane...who is not bad at defending, but he'll probably get the nod for midfield.

finnan

ive always thaught killer would make a great left back
hes not bad centre mid when others are missing
if keane was out i'd defo play him centre mid

thegoone said:
same here...jaysus, I used to think he was a waste of space, a total donkey, but repect out to the kilbane. He's played very well in the green shirt. It's like Cunningham..a decent enought player, but once he plays for ireland he's excellent. I was in Landsdowne for the Brazil game and Kenny C. was the man. And it wasnt a case of the samba boys not putting any effort in...they were getting pissed off, especially Roberto carlos who got into a major sulk...
that was a great day.

here some good news....

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho plans to play wingers Arjen Robben and Damien Duff in the same side once the pair are fully fit.

Duff is due to start for Republic of Ireland in Wednesday's World Cup qualifier against Switzerland in Basel after recovering from a shoulder injury problem.

Dutchman Robben has yet to appear this season for The Blues after going down in pre-season with an ankle injury.

The Portuguese tactician admits he will play both wide men, once fit, in his side to provide the necessary width for his strikers.

"Their presence will make a lot of difference for many players in the team," Mourinho said. "It is just a matter of having both of them completely fit and Robben is getting nearer now."

thegoone said:
finnan

hes not bad centre mid when others are missing
if keane was out i'd defo play him centre mid
in a pre cyprus match interview kilbane admitted he had playedat left back before.

i think the lad is great. he works tirelessly. which surely enables duff and reid to take ppl on knowing kilbane is behind them ready to take someone out should they lose the ball. which is exactly what he did after about 5 minutes against the cypriots!

andy reid eh. class. it'll be a shame if he joins spurs. hes ready for a bigger club than that.

on a diiferent note altoghter...why do sky sports have kenny sansom on talking bollox and dreaming of his next bit of sauce?

kilbane is great
hes improved vastly in the last couple of years
everton has done him good

he used to drive me mad when we started the qualifiers for the euros because he was on the left, in duffs best position doing nothing except his trick , his trick is when he kicks the ball past the player and tries running the other side of them , his defensive qualities were wasted on the left wing

he's always been a trier

Why are Ireland always so rubbish against Switzerland?? I don't get it, they are such an average team, the Irish playing only reasonably well should soundly beat them.

Not that we were much better, we just about scrapped through thanks to an own goal. And then the players refused to talk to the media due to unfair criticism after the last game. Fucking overpaid bunch of whinging CUNTS.

Did anyone spot aidan walsh(or someone who looked like him) behind the irish goals in the second half. It's possible i totally imagined it though.
Thought we were really poor, how many sodding times did we give the ball way? Thank jebus for shay givens feet. We should have beaten them really.

Shoulda watched the northern ireland/wales match.

Also mr vieira won't be playing against ireland next month.

trev said:
andy reid eh. class. it'll be a shame if he joins spurs. hes ready for a bigger club than that.
Fuck you, you total fucking arseface. If it wasn't for Spurs both England and Ireland would be scraping draws with the likes of Moldovania and Azeroe Marinostein.

Spurs are the most important footballing team in the world.
Pelé wanted to join us. So did Maradonna. Zidane called his kids White, Hart and Lane. Ronaldo likes to wear a Tottenham top when making love.
You're probably not aware of the fact that Spurs are lending players to other teams. We're letting other teams win because we're very generous. We are benevolent.

»»»gancom: solved said:
Fuck you, you total fucking arseface. If it wasn't for Spurs both England and Ireland would be scraping draws with the likes of Moldovania and Azeroe Marinostein.

Spurs are the most important footballing team in the world.
Pelé wanted to join us. So did Maradonna. Zidane called his kids White, Hart and Lane. Ronaldo likes to wear a Tottenham top when making love.
You're probably not aware of the fact that Spurs are lending players to other teams. We're letting other teams win because we're very generous. We are benevolent.
Well said son, we are the SVP of the football world.

Though I don'tknow if I want us replacing the Ginger Pele with his slightly slimmer Burger Bar Buddie Andy Reid. Lay off the pies Andy, and we'll come calling.

He’ll end up getting a complex and then he’ll play worse I bet. I don’t have much expertise on football but Robbie Keane is a moany little prick who’s over-rated and his girlfriends puck. Ok I’m done!

therecklessone said:
In footballing terms he's the Duff Blimp.

ms.b.haven said:
He’ll end up getting a complex and then he’ll play worse I bet. I don’t have much expertise on football but Robbie Keane is a moany little prick who’s over-rated and his girlfriends puck. Ok I’m done!
As long as Reidy doesn't turn into a Thomas Brolin we'll be all right. Now there was a fat fuck...

Here, apart from reading the tabloids (shame on you), how do you know what Keane's g/f looks like? Bet you went to UCD, didn't you?

How did you know she went to UCD? Shame on you! :) I just read the tabloids. The phrase *mutton dressed as lamb* is perfect for describing her. anyway, who's Thomas Brolin?

ms.b.haven said:
How did you know she went to UCD? Shame on you! :) I just read the tabloids. The phrase *mutton dressed as lamb* is perfect for describing her. anyway, who's Thomas Brolin?
Maybe I went to UCD...

Thomas Brolin played football for Sweden and doubled as a model for Millets.

BROLIN.jpg

Here he is as Bryan from Westlife

brolin.jpg

god he's not very attractive is he? that's brian in his pre-anorexic days i take it. nice.

so you went to UCD...

well that was cack
those 10 mins after we scored were actually worse than any of the euro 04 qualifiers

we were ripped off tho'
robbies goal was onside
so was the one were he was clean thru

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back