Dublin Racist Riots (3 Viewers)

Was this Boh's? I was talking to a Pats fan the night before the cup final recently who said that for all the good PR they get from their work in the community WRT integrating new people living here they've got the worst hoolie problem in the league and, this makes me think it was them being referred to, they bring over people from UK crews to join in.
Can't remember I'm afriad. But there is certainly a real football hooligan culture here that I didn't realise. You'd see they odd video of lads acting the dick, but I thought that was it.

For the record, people are questioned when they arrive in the country and have to fill in a massive form on their background etc. If the answers are flagged as being a problem, they’re deported.
This is something the little dicks from last night never have to worry about

As a mate of mine calls it - its the English disease. The only 2 countries in the world where this scourge exists where fuckers with nothing to be complaining about are going out causing havoc.

I pretty much said this to a lad earlier. "It's like what happened in France a while ago". He's from NZ, and had been living in France, but no, it's not like that at all.

I was on the road lastnight and listened to the two hour newstalk riot special.

The man from Dublin bus was highlighting that his staff are highly diverse and the city is kept moving by people from 85 different countries. It's worth repeating I think.

I was on the road lastnight and listened to the two hour newstalk riot special.

The man from Dublin bus was highlighting that his staff are highly diverse and the city is kept moving by people from 85 different countries. It's worth repeating I think.
I wasn't following the official news, but I was hoping/thinking, every politician and community leader should be on camera pointing out again and again that the rioting was going on outside a MATERNITY hospital.

I wasn't following the official news, but I was hoping/thinking, every politician and community leader should be on camera pointing out again and again that the rioting was going on outside a MATERNITY hospital.

A few pointed that out - the hospital put out a message to say to continue with you birth plan and try and make it safely to the hospital, like a bunch of fucking heros.

all they needed to do to end the rioting would have been to play amhrann na bhfiann (or celtic symphony) loudly over a PA and all the rioters would have stopped in their tracks out of respect, to join in.

I had to sit my kids down and explain to them this morning firstly about the attack on the children and that it was an isolated thing but also trying to explain to them why town was on fire last night. Their classes are hugely diverse so we were trying to get across that this is going to be really frightening for them to see and that they need to be careful when talking about it. The last few years have really set the difficulty level on nightmare mode for parenting.

I had to sit my kids down and explain to them this morning firstly about the attack on the children and that it was an isolated thing but also trying to explain to them why town was on fire last night. Their classes are hugely diverse so we were trying to get across that this is going to be really frightening for them to see and that they need to be careful when talking about it. The last few years have really set the difficulty level on nightmare mode for parenting.

Was in a petrol station last night on the way out of town and there was what I perceived to be a muslim couple in the queue. I contemplated saying something "nice" to them, I hadn't got to point of figuring out what that would have been, before deciding that being approached by a large skinheaded man* might be what they're wary of in that moment.

* I look like someone who might equally have a deal with Matador records or who might have stormed the US Capital on January 6th.

You’re good people Cornu.

Users who are viewing this thread

• pete
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back