Dublin Racist Riots (2 Viewers)

just sayin (this was posted last night i think - the article is now 12 hours old)

"“Imagine a mega power nation allowing this absolute foolishness!!"

HGoI.gif

hulk-hogan-macho-man.gif

just sayin (this was posted last night i think - the article is now 12 hours old)

I've been reviewing Kabibs career this week because it was a week where i could only find relaxation in watching dudes getting smeshed. Anywhoo I find this 'go sleep clip' funny.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's exactly what was going on.
Most of them teenagers just being little wankers. Dublin was scum central tonight.

Sounds like the riots a few years back. Small core of a few hundred ‘organised’ protesters kick things off, and then the lads come out to throw rocks at the cops and grab a new pair of shoes.

My wife was in the city centre at lunchtime, and said there was a weird vibe. Walked into the Jervis centre and walked straight back out, just a slight air of menace she can't quite put her finger on. She said one of the people in her office said there was some sort of protest planned even before the stabbing occurred but I've not seen mention of that anywhere else. But if there was, there may have been a faction of idiots in town already.

My wife was in the city centre at lunchtime, and said there was a weird vibe. Walked into the Jervis centre and walked straight back out, just a slight air of menace she can't quite put her finger on. She said one of the people in her office said there was some sort of protest planned even before the stabbing occurred but I've not seen mention of that anywhere else. But if there was, there may have been a faction of idiots in town already.

They were putting up barriers on Kildare st on weds? May have been related

That's exactly what was going on.
Most of them teenagers just being little wankers. Dublin was scum central tonight.
25-2-2006 O'Connell riot thread.

About 400 posts. The violence wasn't started by Republicans. They were apparently trying to have a sit down protest and people not involved threw things and it all kicked off.
Little or no bigotry other than Charlie Bird (former Republican anti-IRA leftist) being attacked for being protestant.
Love Ulster march should never have been allowed. Guy who organised it was up to his neck in Loyalist connections.
Social media in infancy at time. Smart phones didn't exist.

25-2-2006 O'Connell riot thread.

About 400 posts. The violence wasn't started by Republicans. They were apparently trying to have a sit down protest and people not involved threw things and it all kicked off.
Little or no bigotry other than Charlie Bird (former Republican anti-IRA leftist) being attacked for being protestant.
Love Ulster march should never have been allowed. Guy who organised it was up to his neck in Loyalist connections.
Social media in infancy at time. Smart phones didn't exist.

Firstly - agree 100% with the Love Ulster nonsense never being allowed. It was giving a platform to a shower of bigots, and almost guaranteed to cause trouble.
But... not defending the cops policing of this, but having been at top of o connell st/parnell at the time that kicked off I'd pretty radically disagree with the statement '
The violence wasn't started by Republicans. They were apparently trying to have a sit down protest and people not involved threw things and it all kicked off.
There was an attempted sit down on parnell st, which the cops cleared, which led directly to the protestors (or some of them) breaking into the building site, building a barricade from the fencing and breaking paving stones to throw at the cops.

It was when the cops push the riot back to the spire/abbey st junction that the others really joined in in numbers

I've been at a lot of protests before and since, and never seen anything escalate in the way that did.

some scummy nazi right-wing prick local election 'candidate' called for people to amass at the spire at 7pm via his twitter.

isn't it great the way social media can bring people together.
I saw someone posting last night about how heartening it was to see how people were coming together to help each other out if they were caught in the riots or couldn't get home, etc

which is probably true

but this wouldn't have happened if twitter did not exist.

Maybe Ireland should ban twitter. It has brought the scum of society to the surface.

I saw someone posting last night about how heartening it was to see how people were coming together to help each other out if they were caught in the riots or couldn't get home, etc

which is probably true

but this wouldn't have happened if twitter did not exist.

Maybe Ireland should ban twitter. It has brought the scum of society to the surface.

ah yeah, I was being facetious. in an absolute sense, social media is a tool that can be used for good or bad.

Unfortunately the way its designed, operated, and manipulated almost certainly favours the bad.

ah yeah, I was being facetious. in an absolute sense, social media is a tool that can be used for good or bad.

Unfortunately the way its designed, operated, and manipulated almost certainly favours the bad.
yep, and those cunts go on about free speech, yet barely a one of them will put their name to their comments (apart from the handful of scummy ringleader - throw them in the sea)

free speech can't exist with accountability. Without people having to own and take the consequences for their comments. Twitter means they don't have to do that, so its time to take a stand and expunge it from this country. I would imagine doing that would have far-reaching implications with other countries possibly following suit, meaning cunty Musk would have no option but to restore moderation.

The line coming down seems to be that there was a small group of protestors who were later joined by "recreational rioters," i.e. the kids who did the smashing and stealing.

Like the "work" being done in the communities by the fash organisers to groom the kids into their line of thinking is entirely unrelated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back