Dublin Racist Riots (2 Viewers)

The line coming down seems to be that there was a small group of protestors who were later joined by "recreational rioters," i.e. the kids who did the smashing and stealing.

Like the "work" being done in the communities by the fash organisers to groom the kids into their line of thinking is entirely unrelated.

there's probably an overlap between category a and b for sure.
but regardless of cause, there's opportunistic elements, and just bored angry kids who'll get involved.

Cops here don't have water cannons as far as I remember. they borrowed one from the north previously.

On last night, seems we are not immune to the same thing in other countries. Festering resentment to immigrants, the police, the government, by people who think there is some happy clappy club they haven't been invited to.

Shocking evening. Has completely overshadowed the stabbing for me. Which I was really wobbly about for a long time yesterday evening. Kept welling up.

I vaguely remember them breaking it out to clear a protest in the phoenix park when Bush was here?
They could have borrowed it for the occasion so as not to be shown up in front of the visitors..
it was borrowed from the PSNI. or were they still the RUC at the time?
i actually walked with that march from fitzwilliam square down as it crossed the liffey (mainly because i was buying a lens from a photojournalist friend who was covering it). it started out as a proper anticapitalist march but slowly accumulated bunches of lads who saw an opportunity for a bit of fun.

The line coming down seems to be that there was a small group of protestors who were later joined by "recreational rioters," i.e. the kids who did the smashing and stealing.

Like the "work" being done in the communities by the fash organisers to groom the kids into their line of thinking is entirely unrelated.
why-not-both.jpg

it was borrowed from the PSNI. or were they still the RUC at the time?
i actually walked with that march from fitzwilliam square down as it crossed the liffey (mainly because i was buying a lens from a photojournalist friend who was covering it). it started out as a proper anticapitalist march but slowly accumulated bunches of lads who saw an opportunity for a bit of fun.
Yes, bunch of violent cunts at that brimming for trouble. I lived on gardiner street at the time. Went down for a mooch, kept having intimidating cunts asking me where i was from. And me with my nordie accent.

Shit day to be waking up with any ethnicity in Dublin.

apparently the machine with the water cannon at the phoenix part was meant to be loaded with salt and ice too - so they can lower the temp of the water way below normal freezing point, it's more the sheer shock of the cold which 'disables' the protestors, but the gardai decided not to do that and just used water at ambient temp.

My half Middle Eastern cousin that moved from Ireland to Australia for work during the recession, is posting a tone of really violent videos from last night and going on about “foreigners out”.
Muppet

but this wouldn't have happened if twitter did not exist.

I know i've been giving out about twitter being for right wingers for well over a year now, but i actually went to workshop about it all recently. Anywhoo TLDR people who've been studying/tracking the whole thing as jobs were saying that the one big tactic the weirdo's have been using is to get into emotion led conversations to widen platforms, then pepper the emotion led conversations with whatever bullshit sentiments they are trying to promote.

It was visible yesterday evening online as emotions were running high with that stabbing incident, and loads of people with anti-human angendas were in there like flies on shit trying to get involved in the narrative.

The other thing they spelled out was that the best PR for the right wing is people shock RTing/screen grabbing stuff to voice disdain. It gets messaging into places it would never get otherwise and the messaging sticks.

This has been giving the impression of a larger organisation where all told it's aparently really about 30 people running this PR. The phrasing is always crafted to a 'everyone is mad about, whole towns outrage' - written as if it's already a movement as opposed to being 30 men.

That kinda stuff can and is pulled off on all social media platforms - I'd love to ban twitter just to annoy musk but on the same side of the same coin, user awareness on any platform is the loophole being exploited here.

The main points are - it has method, it is coordinated, and reasonable people, centrist people, left people, even right moderates aren't equipped to spot or deal with it at present so they are functioning as part of the amplification structure.

The only positive here is that I don’t think there’ll be a massive queue at Bread 41 today. That place is amazing .

I’ve got a living room filled with college students now. I think there’s more than when I went to sleep last night. The kid sent a message out to some LGBTQ groups she’s in saying they could stay here if they were stuck.
That was all nice and lovely, but they are now between me and the kitchen.

Also, Guards looked like saps last night. Couldnt beat eggs.
I don't think that was necessarily their fault. I have a young cousin a gard in Store St down from the country. He wasn't on duty last night, but there are a lot of people whose hearts were in their mouths watching that massive gard getting overwhelmed by scumbags on O'Connell st.

This is all coming only a few months after McEntee said Dublin was safe, with that ridiculous photo of her walking down Gardiner st flanked by 2 gards.

The thing is, you can see these little scrotes in action in town any day of the week. Drugged off their boxes, out for bother, picking fights with random passers-by (I've seen this a few times), mugging tourists, brazenly walking into shops to help themselves to whatever they want, then leave again.

If this is viewed as needing to prevent future riots, that is massively missing the point. There is a scumbag problem that needs to be fought with fire. Dublin needs to be flooded with cops, the way New York was years back. In New York they said it just pushed the anti-social behaviour out of the city but that won't happen in Dublin. Those cunts last night are wannabie scummers. They all have a warm bed to go home to where mammy and daddy are waiting with open arms. They are all wearing expensive north face and canada goose branded clothes. If they were really kids rebelling about being caught in a poverty trap they wouldn't have an arse in their trousers.

As a mate of mine calls it - its the English disease. The only 2 countries in the world where this scourge exists where fuckers with nothing to be complaining about are going out causing havoc.

I was talking to a cop a couple of weeks back. He was talking about some FAI game in the Aviva a while ago. I think he said 6 thousand lads ended up in a riot/fight of some sort. I couldn't believe we had that many lunatics in the country. They team up with english hooligans as well.

That kinda stuff can and is pulled off on all social media platforms - I'd love to ban twitter just to annoy musk but on the same side of the same coin, user awareness on any platform is the loophole being exploited here.
same, but really I'd settle for him bringing back moderation and introducing accountability.

you're spot on though. Very soon after those horrible stabbings I saw messages saying the 'perp' (yep it was a fucking american doing it) was a foreigner, and that the poor child who was seriously injured, had died. Both were unsubstantiated, but both were done deliberately for the amplification you describe.

That shit should not be allowed to happen.

The only positive here is that I don’t think there’ll be a massive queue at Bread 41 today. That place is amazing .

I’ve got a living room filled with college students now. I think there’s more than when I went to sleep last night. The kid sent a message out to some LGBTQ groups she’s in saying they could stay here if they were stuck.
That was all nice and lovely, but they are now between me and the kitchen.

Good to know.
I was planning to get an over priced loaf of sourdough on my way back to the gaff at lucnhtime

I was talking to a cop a couple of weeks back. He was talking about some FAI game in the Aviva a while ago. I think he said 6 thousand lads ended up in a riot/fight of some sort. I couldn't believe we had that many lunatics in the country. They team up with english hooligans as well.

Was this Boh's? I was talking to a Pats fan the night before the cup final recently who said that for all the good PR they get from their work in the community WRT integrating new people living here they've got the worst hoolie problem in the league and, this makes me think it was them being referred to, they bring over people from UK crews to join in.

you know that we don't have a riot squad too, right? Those guys with the helmets and shields are lads who are out in uniform every other day, but who have done some extra training on riots. I knew one of the gards in the riot gear during the love ulster riots.

The only tactics the gards have here is to try and contain and wait until it burns itself out. Other countries are about control and breaking the riot up by isolating rioters into smaller groups, making them easier to contain. That needs horses, riot vans, water cannons, maybe even fuckin tear gas.

I've never seen it in action but I remember going to a Celtic game years ago and seeing the cops arrive before the match. There were literally hundreds of them. Mostly they were going to be twiddling their thumbs for the afternoon with their main job being to shepherd supporters of different teams out of the ground in different directions after the game. But it was impressive to see. And they had at least 20 or 30 mounted cops. I doubt we have a tenth of that in the whole country.

What's becoming more and more apparent and depressing is how insidiously these far right creeps are weaving into every group *everywhere*. I live in nice, leafy, entitled Dundrum and there was a lot of fuss recently from Nimby's about the local area plan, part of which will see a geansai load of new apartments built. Pretty much every thread or discussion about it was quickly invaded with talk of unvetted male migrants and Ireland for the Irish etc. I can quickly dismiss it, but these kernels of fear are taking hold...

The first I heard of the riots last night was when a parent posted to a class whatsapp a link from Gript.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back