Dublin Fucking Bus! (5 Viewers)

The west is great for flooding

There's this place called Glencorrib down the road from where I'm from, where the kids get about 6 weeks off school with the flooding and the rain and the misery and the briars and the pestilence and the famine.

Well the flooding anyway. The school goes a few feet under every year. We were always envious of them with our paltry six inches.

Originally posted by snakybus
The west is great for flooding

There's this place called Glencorrib down the road from where I'm from, where the kids get about 6 weeks off school with the flooding and the rain and the misery and the briars and the pestilence and the famine.

Well the flooding anyway. The school goes a few feet under every year. We were always envious of them with our paltry six inches.

Theres a river near where I grew up and it floods a few square kilometres of land under 6 or 7 foot of water every winter. The schoolbus used go on this road which went along the edge of it and it used come in the door of the bus sometimes...happy days they were who am I fooling, they were shite!!!

where i'm working they keep flashing little messages across the top of the pc screens congratulating people on "making the extra special effort to be in work on time".

Originally posted by herv
where i'm working they keep flashing little messages across the top of the pc screens congratulating people on "making the extra special effort to be in work on time".

We were given a free lunch for making the effort, and we get to leave at 3:30, happy days I should be home by Sunday or maybe I loot a submerged car.

Originally posted by IrishUnsigned
Another (unwritten) rule is that writtn complaints are given five times the credibility of oral ones as it is reckoned that people have to be five times as annoyed.

I wrote and complained when a bus driver nearly mowed me down when I was in the cycle lane outside the Burlington Hotel. The cycle lane isn't right beside the pavement there, it comes apart from the pavement to make room for taxis, but it's quite patently RED and not easily missed. I actually caught up with him and told me he'd nearly knocked me off my bike, and he said I was "in the middle of the feckin' road". I did get a reply to my letter saying that the driver was now under surveillance to make sure he didn't do it again, but I didn't hear anything after that. At least the fucker got into trouble for it.

Last time I was back in Dublin my bike was out of action so I was at the mercy of public transport. I've vowed never to moan about London transport again after it took an hour to get from Sandymount to Churchtown (15 minutes by car/scooter, 30 mins by bicycle).

Well....

After me defending and explaining the actions of bus drivers. what did I go and do today? I wrote a letter of complaint to Dublin Bus!

Now, if it is five times more 'effective' to actually write a complaint then phone it in, can you imagine the effect of a complaint from a bus driver about another bus driver (bit like a Doctor saying another Doctor is inept!?)

Basically, the driver scooted away from the stop as I was level with the mid-doors but I allowed for that, jumped back in the car (wife had driven me to the stop) and overtook him at the next stop. and pulled in ahead of the following stop. As the wife was pulling away the driver, while indicating left, proceeded to overtake her. She was petrified. Didn't know whether to stop or speed up. Anyway, she carried on, he pulled in and *stopped*! About 30yds from the stop. Two girls got off. I jumped on as he was closing the doors, pulling away. Naturally, he started moaning about my wife's driving. We ranted back and forth until the following exchange:

Driver: "She shouldn't pull out like that!"
Me: "Why, you were indicating left to pull in AND had people waiting to get off"
Driver: "She didn't know that"
Me: "I was at the bus stop waiting to get ON and she knew that"
Driver: "well, it was dangerous driving"
Me: "what do you call what you did? I'd call it suicidal driving"
(cue people laughing in the bottom deck, it was shouting, not talking)
Driver: "What would you know? D'you want me to knock your block off?"
Me: "Please. In full view of the video."
Driver: "Stupid cunt, what would you know anyway?"
Me: (my piece the resistance) "Well, considering I drove buses for years, I think I know what I'm talking about"
Driver: (a bit lost for words) "I bet they sacked you"
Me: "No, I moved on to proper buses..."
(cue more laughing in the bus)

So I worte the letter of complaint in the bus on the way to town, and I even pointed out to D.Bus that I am a Driver, therefore have an idea of the stresses and strains. Furthermore, I also pointed out the irony that saw me defend that actions of drivers only a day before (and I put the link in to this discussion).

Expect to see Dublin Bus pr mandarins put their oar in on the thread next week (when it'll be pointless cos we'll all have move onto something else)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back