Dublin Fucking Bus! (2 Viewers)

silo

AN HOUR AND TWENTY FIVE FUCKING MINUTES TO GET FROM INCHICORE TO RANELAGH!!! AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

Re: Re: Dublin Fucking Bus!

Originally posted by herv
i only just saw this now.... scapping of certain unprofitable bus routes?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2002/1107/bus.html

Thats bullshit!

Today my bus decided to drive into a random industrial estate that no buses ever go into, then it turned around and drove back out as if nothing happened, these type of things happen about twice a week.

Re: Re: Dublin Fucking Bus!

yes. privatisation. though of course, that means privatisation of profit, and accompanying socialization of risk and capital outlay. our tax pays for the roads but profits go to whoever is already rich enough to scavenge the more profitable bus routes.

i only just saw this now.... scapping of certain unprofitable bus routes?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2002/1107/bus.html

Anyone ever tried one of those private buses...martin coaches or one of them?? I don't know about privatisation of dublin bus, but competition could be a good thing. Nobody is answerable in dublin bus and nobody gives a fuck. When I was in college in galway I always got a private bus company home and it was much quicker than taking bus eireann.

I do feel your pain though. I sold my motorbike recently, cos I'm heading off travelling and I've been getting the bus for the last few weeks, from the city centre to tallaght. Theres a bus that would be perfect...leaves city late enough (extra time in bed), gets there quickly and drops me outside work five minutes before 8. problem is the bus regularly leaves late or not at all. :mad:

when "competition" comes i'm buying a bike. if you think it's bad now...

Originally posted by Dan
Anyone ever tried one of those private buses...martin coaches or one of them?? I don't know about privatisation of dublin bus, but competition could be a good thing. Nobody is answerable in dublin bus and nobody gives a fuck. When I was in college in galway I always got a private bus company home and it was much quicker than taking bus eireann.

Originally posted by Dan

the creation free party people used amc a few times for private use to bring people to parties, and they were pretty unreliable in that regard so i'm not sure how they'd be otherwise.

the creation free party people used amc a few times for private use to bring people to parties, and they were pretty unreliable in that regard so i'm not sure how they'd be otherwise.

oh god!the amc coach I got up to devils glen got hopelessly lost.we ended up driving up a country lane in wicklow and couldn't turn the bus around for five miles. bloody idiots!

Originally posted by silo
when "competition" comes i'm buying a bike. if you think it's bad now...

Motorbikes or mopeds are the shit for getting around. In all the discussion about solving the city traffic problem, neither motorbikes, mopeds or bicycles seem to be considered a feasible mode of transport...what a load of bullshit!!! People keep saying what about the weather? If you buy proper waterproof biking gear, its no problem. I spent two and a half years goign from the city centre to tallaght and never got wet and never got cold, never got caught in traffic and got an extra half hour in bed, plus laughed my arse off every day at all the suckers stuck in their cars in the traffic.. :D

there's so many obvious things that could be done. what gets done depends on whose toes you stand on, though, rather than any real will. car poolers should be allowed to use bus lanes outside the canals, for example. duh. but that's fucking stalinism for the poor car owners.

Yeah!! Cycling: The second-fastest mode of transport, the cleanest, the healthiest and the cheapest. It's logical as Mr. Spock would say.....

But I'm back on the bike since September and I've only been caught in the rain about five or six times. I'm cycling twelve miles a day, so maybe Ireland isn't as wet as we thought it was.

But buses suck... not as much as the DART (I twitch when I think of that "service"). Not entirely against the idea of privatisation....

Although has anyone see that UUU TV ad about Walking?

"Go WAAALKING...

It's what to do...

go walking...

walking is the thing to do...

WALKING!"

Originally posted by spiritualtramp
oh god!the amc coach I got up to devils glen got hopelessly lost.we ended up driving up a country lane in wicklow and couldn't turn the bus around for five miles. bloody idiots!

haha i remember that. poor suckers. i got the 2nd bus, and later heard rumors when i got up there that there was a "phantom" bus which turned up 3 hours late....

haha i remember that. poor suckers. i got the 2nd bus, and later heard rumors when i got up there that there was a "phantom" bus which turned up 3 hours late....

It was about an hour and a half later than the rest of the buses if I remember correctly (its about all I do remember from that night).
one was most annoyed at the driver.I had a map with me and had to give the driver directions.
the only thing that made it ok was that we could smoke and drink on the bus.

"phantom bus"!ha ha!

dublin cunting bus

You shouldn't have started me...

DUBLIN BUS: (classic: Ages ago, was walking up to my bus stop and was literally about ten feet away, and the bus pulled off. The driver (legendary grumpy cock, LOVES his job) clearly saw me (he had to swerve to miss me, waving my arms) but went ahead. The bus does a kind of glorified semi-circle before heading into town, so I scarpered off to the next nearest stop (at the end of the semi-circle, if you get me). I made it, and (just to rile him) as the bus pulled up I mouthed the words "YOU FUCKING PRICK". Needless to say, when it came to my turn...handbags. Well worth it.
DUBLIN CORPORATION: How long does it take to build a road? Really? Like, seriously? Cork Street. The may as well have rigged the length of it with dynamite and blown it up, it takes that long for buses to get through.
CENTRA: €2.84 for three bars of chocolate and a packagem o' crips?
mmm....running out of steam here...little help...?
TRIBUTE BANDS: UB40 TOO. THE BOHEMIANS. Put me out of my fucking misery.

I'm off to get a coffee, smoke and grumble to myself...

Originally posted by silo
there's so many obvious things that could be done. what gets done depends on whose toes you stand on, though, rather than any real will. car poolers should be allowed to use bus lanes outside the canals, for example. duh. but that's fucking stalinism for the poor car owners.

Fuck all people car pool....if you have to use a car, car pooling makes so much sense. It drives me mad when I'm looking at traffic backed up and there are all these huge cars with one person inside of them. Its sooo stupid. And Sorting out this mess is not the government or local authorities problem alone. If people aren't willing to cop-on and car pool, motorbike,moped or cycle to work or use public transport (where it is quicker), then no amount of money spent on infrastructure will solve the problem. People who sit by themselves in four wheel drives (that have never even been near a farm) in traffic and complain about it like its not their problem make me sick. I think its aproblem peoples attitudes. Most Irish people believe they have to have their OWN car.

During the bus strikes a few years ago (before I had the bike) I was queing for a taxi in rathmines. I was way down the back of the que. A german girl was next in line and when a taxi pulled up she asked did anyone want to share a taxi to tallaght. I recognised loads of people in the que from my bus who were going the same place as me, but not one of them took up the offer. They had to get their OWN taxi. Fine by me...I skipped about ten people in the que!!! But I think a major attitude change is needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back