Drummer glassed (1 Viewer)

czar

Some fucking cunt at the Temple Bar Music Centre bottled the Rulers of the Planet's drummer mid set - he had to be brought to hospital for stitches.

Whoever threw it, then fucked another glass at the stage. One person was arrested (who probably didn't do it) and the best part is the cops are looking into charging the Rulers' frontman with "inciting a riot"?!?!?

Does this shit happen often in Dublin??

If anyone who was at the gig knows/recognises the prick who threw the bottle, maybe they could let the venue know and save a lot of trouble.

I was at a Morbid angel gig there a few years back and at least one pint glass went flying onto the stage during their set whizzing past the drummer. Fucking idiot whoever does that kind of shit

Thats so shit. I really hate this kind of crap at gigs. Hope the guy recovers, no serious scars an all. Jayzus though.:confused:

czar said:
Some fucking cunt at the Temple Bar Music Centre bottled the Rulers of the Planet's drummer mid set - he had to be brought to hospital for stitches.

Whoever threw it, then fucked another glass at the stage. One person was arrested (who probably didn't do it) and the best part is the cops are looking into charging the Rulers' frontman with "inciting a riot"?!?!?

Does this shit happen often in Dublin??

If anyone who was at the gig knows/recognises the prick who threw the bottle, maybe they could let the venue know and save a lot of trouble.

That's really shit. I hope the guy is okay. It's disappointing to hear that one prick might forever define 'playing in Dublin' for those guys.

HAppened a few months ago at Chicks on Speed, though the band didn't get hurt. The glass did smash their G4 laptop, however, so they couldn't make any more music.

Funny how TBMC uses plastic cups but still lets you take bottles in.

don't think it will 'define playing in dublin' for the lads. shit happens, doesn't matter where, and as you rightly point out, it only takes one asshole.

mustn't forget that there were a couple of hundred others there last night that were having a good one and enjoying the bands. in fact, things were going really well until that point.

rulers will be back soon

with chicken wire!

holy fuck thats awful! what fuckin moungral mentality does shit like that? who the hell let them in? blame the fuckin bouncers for not doing their job properly for letting scum like that in! sueing the band? thats fuckin outrageous!

i think maybe the tbmc should erect a mesh wire fence like in the blues brothers.
what happened is shitty though - although i don't think it's any fault of the bouncers...i doubt anyone goes to see a band with the intention of beaning the drummer with a bottle of becks (unless the drummer had a go on the guys bird or something), so there's not much they could have done.

andrew

hey! how did you know it was Becks!! It was YOU!

nah. thats shitty. Fuckin thugs. what kind of idiot does that shit?
What did he get out of it, like?

M.BISON said:
i think maybe the tbmc should erect a mesh wire fence like in the blues brothers.
what happened is shitty though - although i don't think it's any fault of the bouncers...i doubt anyone goes to see a band with the intention of beaning the drummer with a bottle of becks (unless the drummer had a go on the guys bird or something), so there's not much they could have done.

andrew

in that case, the bird would have deserved a good bottling... so many people have trouble with this...
M.BISON said:
... (unless the drummer had a go on the guys bird or something) ...

andrew

Grame said:
I may be wrong, but I dont think there was any security on the night , but I may be wrong, wrong, wrong! Either way, its fucked up.

You are wrong there were 4 security on. Last time I checked security are not responsible for catching bottles mid-air (american bodyguard style) before they hit band members.

The "inciting a riot" thing is due to the Rulers of the Planet calling everyone in the crowd "cheap Dublin free-gig going knackers" in some sort of effort to get them in the mood or something.

I did feel sorry for the guy though because he actually seemed like a really nice guy. The cut was above his eyebrow and it stopped gushing after a while but defo required stitches.

There was a really wierd buzz the whole night - some cunt tried to start on me for no reason but a bouncer was right there (american bodyguard style) and kicked him out straight away.

That said, this was the best fun I've ever had DJing in Dublin and thanks to everyone who stuck around for the heart-warming half-french version of Total Eclipse of the Heart I played at the end. Brought a tear to my jap's eye!

Hope this clears some stuff up.

Oh yeah, it was a girl who threw the bottle apparently.

spady said:
You are wrong there were 4 security on.
Bullshit.

spady said:
Last time I checked security are not responsible for catching bottles mid-air (american bodyguard style) before they hit band members.
Talkin through your hole.

spady said:
The "inciting a riot" thing is due to the Rulers of the Planet calling everyone in the crowd "cheap Dublin free-gig going knackers" in some sort of effort to get them in the mood or something.
Never happened

spady said:
The cut was above his eyebrow and it stopped gushing after a while but defo required stitches.
bollox.

spady said:
some cunt tried to start on me for no reason but a bouncer was right there (american bodyguard style) and kicked him out straight away.
as if.

spady said:
Oh yeah, it was a girl who threw the bottle apparently.
were you even there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back