DONOVAN APPRECIATION THREAD! (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

watch this
it's from 'dont look back' - tour film of dylan in 65
the whole way through dylan's been reading about 'this donovan' in the nme
then donovan comes to his hotel room party. they're all talkin shit and donovan sings some ridiculous little hippy tune
dylan's looking at him like he's an idiot
then takes the guitar and does 'it's all over now (baby blue)' and just looks at donovan like - fuck off clown
amazing

Excellent, excellent,excellent.

Dont think i've seen all of that flick. Is there footage of dylan verbally slapping the british media around at a press conference somewhere in there?

i got to be a roadie for donovan when he supported Deepak Chopra in the Concert Hall.

he dismantles this posh middle aged journalist at one point ... i can't say for sure but i think you're thinking of a bit from 'no direction home', which is also fucking amazing. the two should be watched together.

he dismantles this posh middle aged journalist at one point ... i can't say for sure but i think you're thinking of a bit from 'no direction home', which is also fucking amazing. the two should be watched together.

That one sounds familiar, myez. I'm gonna do it.

i like donovan. my favorite tunes of his are "epistle to dippy" and the one with lyrics that go "the lock upon my garden gates a snail thats what it is, the lock upon my garden gates a snail thats what it is, first there is a mountain then there is no mountain then there is, first there is a mountain then there is no mountain then there is"

i love donovan too. hurdy gurdy man is the perfect sixties psych pop tune imho. poor man's dylan indeed (the cheek)!

jason%20donovan%20between%20the%20lines.jpg

I liked him in neighbours, wasn't mad about him in hte technicolour dreamcoat thingy.
jason4_470_470x250.jpg

So i listened to some more Donovan, because you thumped pricks deserve the benefit of my doubt.

You're right about the lyrics, but I'm pretty convinced that he's a massive pansey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back