Do you use your local library? (1 Viewer)

Do you use the library???

• Yes

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Library

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Classic seanc

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
thats terrible. you could still bring it back, sneak it in and slip it onto the trolley and nobody will ever know and someone else will get to read the book.

or you could just bring it back and tell them that you're strapped for cash and will pay it the next time you're in.

You won't get any grief for this at a public library and if you're even half nice about it the staff will usually knock a fair lump off your fine. (or at least this is true in Dublin City and South Dublin - I've heard Dun Laoghaire don't really do this).

On a related note, I love the way some Dublin aul wans call magazines books.

'Jaaaaayziz wheres de bleeeeedin BOO-EK for de telly?'

Anyway, the libraries in Holland are fucking epic. The one I lived next to in Muiderpoort (murderport), west Amsterdam where it's all misery and crack and paranoia - that library had (for example) every Boards of Canada album and even some of the Skam EPs. For loan. €1 each. The CD collection in the main library in The Hague is better than any music shop I've seen in Ireland. Comprehensive Dead Can Dance collection for example.

Yeah, I know, 'Other countries have better stuff than us.' Shocker.

nothing more relaxing than sitting daydreaming in a library. our 'local' is now two big portacabins, new Tesco in place of the old building. Hopefully they'll do a good job of the new one....quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back