Do you use your local library? (1 Viewer)

Do you use the library???

• Yes

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Library

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Classic seanc

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters

classic seanc

Y'know, the library is free. It rents DVD's, CD's and books for free. You can use your library card at any library in your area (as in, I can get stuff from any library within the South Dublin City Council area). Even their late fees are cheaper than the video shop.
And it's a place to go when it's raining outside and you're cold.

I only signed up on Saturday, though I was forever in the college library reading allsorts of shit.

So, who here uses the library??? If not, why not?

I still have my staff card to mine which lets me keep books out for weeks and weeks, so yeah I do. Takes me too long to read books otherwise.

The nearest ones to me are too far from home and work to be of any use to me, especially considering their limited opening hours, which is a shame as I would really like to be able to make use of them.

i joined the one in the ilac centre 3 or 4 years ago and borrowed a few books of ancient songs, they were cool enough but i kept forgetting i had joined and left the books back about 10 months late and had to pay about 12 euros in fines. i think i went back for song boks a second time then more or less turned my back on it. ive had jobs in libraries since so thats handy - no fines!! when i was in school i used to use the library all the time, all the way through primary and secondary school and when i went mitching i used to go to the library and sit in the reference section where teachers wouldnt see me if they came in.

Yes I use the lie-berry regularly-it makes more sense to borrow recently published books rather than fork out E20+ for something I might not enjoy. I live a two minute walk from my local library so that helps.
I've never used it for renting fillums or sounds though.

I tired to join my local library, but yr man said I needed some utility bills in my name, I told him I was renting and the bills were in my landlords name and neither of us wanted to change that, and he just sort of shrugged... I offered my passport and he just shrugged some more and kind of made me feel like a dick, so I left and never went back

I tired to join my local library, but yr man said I needed some utility bills in my name, I told him I was renting and the bills were in my landlords name and neither of us wanted to change that, and he just sort of shrugged... I offered my passport and he just shrugged some more and kind of made me feel like a dick, so I left and never went back

Deansgrange? I know the guy. Shruggsley we call him.

I like Samantha Libreri - does that count?
SamanthaLibreri.jpg

Use your P60 or some such Govt. form with your name and address on it.

Deansgrange? I know the guy. Shruggsley we call him.

aha!

Wells his name badge did says

'S.Shruggsalot'

so that'd figure...

I got my own back by encouraging the kids knacker drinking around the back to urinate on the library walls then smash their bottles all over the open are before the bus stop

not that they needed much encouragment...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back