Do you use your local library? (3 Viewers)

Do you use the library???

• Yes

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Library

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Classic seanc

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
I use mine all the time, but that's partly cause I live in London and have to pay whopping council tax bills, so am trying to wring every last penny of worth out of the bastards.

When I lived in Dublin I stopped going cause I lost a book I borrowed, I think it might have been accidentally brought to a charity shop. Anyone pick up a copy of How To Play Bass Guitar in a charity shop around Camden St in the mid 90s?!!

I use mine all the time, but that's partly cause I live in London and have to pay whopping council tax bills, so am trying to wring every last penny of worth out of the bastards.

When I lived in Dublin I stopped going cause I lost a book I borrowed, I think it might have been accidentally brought to a charity shop. Anyone pick up a copy of How To Play Bass Guitar in a charity shop around Camden St in the mid 90s?!!
only started using our local one recently.
seems alright. some decent fillums.
we just got a summons for our council tax bill today. have to pay 400 pounds in next week. fantastic. what else does council tax pay for? coz im gonna be broke and lookin for some form of entertainment for the month. hmm, shouldnt have bought all those guitar pedals so.

yep, but not so much during college semesters because i've no fucking time.. i have dublin city council and dun laoghaire-rathdown cards, for maximum fun, and i'm nerdy enough to hit up the college library on my holidays too.

best thing ever is audiobooks, because they're ludicrously expensive to buy. they're heavy on the popular library stuff (romance, crime, mystery) but you're sorted for a while if you like any of that (mystery!).

i tend to find myself impulse-borrowing, like i have to take everything interesting out at once, though. used to do it when i was a kid because i flew through books ;) and my parents would only bring me every two weeks, but now it's just bizarre and setting myself for failure.

I'm a terrible procrastinator and probably only brought books back to the library on time, like, once when I was a kid. I owed £40 to the local video shop too. Thankfully I'm better at that sort of stuff now!
As a result, I gave up using the library, then I tried to join when I was living in Sligo but couldn't as I didn't have proof of address. I felt like a homeless person.

I took a book out of the UCC library once and discovered it months later - they never (and I never) realised it was gone, despite them having a computerised system (you get letters if your books are late).
I didn't bring it back in case they discovered it had been missing and traced it back to me!!! the SHAME.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back