Do you use your local library? (2 Viewers)

Do you use the library???

• Yes

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Library

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Classic seanc

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
UCC now do a thing where if you don't bring a book back on time they send you an email going 'you owe us 60 quid kthx'
then you get the fright put up you an bring it back and they're like 'yeah that was just to scare you, 2.50 please'
bastards

I took a book out of the UCC library once and discovered it months later - they never (and I never) realised it was gone, despite them having a computerised system (you get letters if your books are late).
I didn't bring it back in case they discovered it had been missing and traced it back to me!!! the SHAME.

thats terrible. you could still bring it back, sneak it in and slip it onto the trolley and nobody will ever know and someone else will get to read the book. i just remembered one time when i was in first year in college i stole a few books from the library to give as christmas presents.

I'm ashamed to say that we have a gorgeous art deco library and I have never even been inside it. Went down to use it once or twice, but it has funny opening hours and I can't get them right.

I'm also not far from Pearse St, which means I'm a double loser for not taking full advantage of my library.

Fucking hell, I'm totally ashamed of myself. I'm gonna join now, though, it's jsut that for years I used the UCD library all the time so I never went into the DCC ones. And I want to renew my national library card, if they'll let me. Technically, I'm still only on leave of absence, so it should be fine.

Libraries rule.

I was walking by the tech last night, which is as close to my house as the library is, and people were doing a cookery class and it looked like mad fun. I can't wait until my work schedule calms down and I can do one. I was going through the booklet they put through the letterbox, mentally signing up for everything they offered. I can take a Russian/French/German/Pilates/Dressmaking class at the end of my road, and I haven't bothered my hole.

I'm a librarian so I'm gonna insist that y'all should really make more use of them - before the cunts start tearing them down and building more empty apartment space. Apart from the fact that the stock is getting better and better all the time (savvy new staff, extra cash for stock buys), it's the only public indoor space indoors where you can sit there in peace and quiet and not have to pay for the privilege somehow. Free internet access in all of them too. Also, the whole practice of borrowing books is in tune with recycling (even if there's snot all over the book sometimes). Having said that, the fines are really high in some branches but unfortunately, that's one of the few ways we can justify our existence when it comes to council spending.

only started using our local one recently.
seems alright. some decent fillums.
we just got a summons for our council tax bill today. have to pay 400 pounds in next week. fantastic. what else does council tax pay for? coz im gonna be broke and lookin for some form of entertainment for the month. hmm, shouldnt have bought all those guitar pedals so.

You're a student so you shouldn't have to pay council tax. Get a letter from college and you'll be grand.

Don't use the library much myself, maybe when I'm finished college. I like secondhand bookshops better.

i wouldn't mind only i'm friendly with the ex-head librarian of one of my local libraries, who promised she could up my borrowing limit to 999 books.

I'm a librarian so I'm gonna insist that y'all should really make more use of them - before the cunts start tearing them down and building more empty apartment space. Apart from the fact that the stock is getting better and better all the time (savvy new staff, extra cash for stock buys), it's the only public indoor space indoors where you can sit there in peace and quiet and not have to pay for the privilege somehow. Free internet access in all of them too. Also, the whole practice of borrowing books is in tune with recycling (even if there's snot all over the book sometimes). Having said that, the fines are really high in some branches but unfortunately, that's one of the few ways we can justify our existence when it comes to council spending.

Go on the libraries!!!

check out this dudes library in his house!

http://www.wired.com/techbiz/people/magazine/16-10/ff_walker?currentPage=all

ff_walker_f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back