Depressing Films (1 Viewer)

kes.jpg

Irreversible (which I actually bought tonight. Not the sort of film you wanna watch a lot, but it's gonna be great on christmas morning when I lash it on instead of Annie)
Requiem For A Dream
21 Grams
The Elephant Man

Last Exit to Brooklyn - the bleakest thing i've ever seen..i've never been so depressed after watching a film.. both film and book put me in the horrors

also depressing
Trouble Every Day - Vinnie G film. had to go out for air half way through.. thought i was going to faint

Palindromes - put this in the same category as Gummo.. feels like a bit of real exploitation going on..

ICUH8N said:
Grey Gardens

maysles rep coming your way. what an incredible film! do you know where i could get a copy? i can only find it from the US at ridic prices.
albert maysles introduced it at the film festival here last year. he said that he and his brother were really nervous when they went back to grey gardens to show the ladies the film, because clearly they looked fucking insane in it. at the end of the showing though, edie stood up, threw up her hands and exclaimed
"the mayzles have may'd a masta-piece!"

class

oh shit said:
maysles rep coming your way. what an incredible film! do you know where i could get a copy? i can only find it from the US at ridic prices.
albert maysles introduced it at the film festival here last year. he said that he and his brother were really nervous when they went back to grey gardens to show the ladies the film, because clearly they looked fucking insane in it. at the end of the showing though, edie stood up, threw up her hands and exclaimed
"the mayzles have may'd a masta-piece!"

class

I may be able to get a copy. A pal owns the Criterion version, and I've been meaning to ask him to rip it for me for ages. I'll keep you in mind in the event that I'm successful...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back