Depressing Films (1 Viewer)

bad cop said:
nah, have to disagree. thought it was a great film. some spectacular sections and the music's done pretty cleverly too.

It was the narrative that bothered me.

Bjork: Seems like there's nothing for me to do but accept this terrible fate that life has in store for me. There is literally no possible alternative.

Viewer: What. Are. You. Talking. About. You have several options, any one of which could resolve this completely improbable situation.

Bjork: Like I said, no alternative.

Viewer: GAHH!

Bellatrix said:
It was the narrative that bothered me.

Bjork: Seems like there's nothing for me to do but accept this terrible fate that life has in store for me. There is literally no possible alternative.

Viewer: What. Are. You. Talking. About. You have several options, any one of which could resolve this completely improbable situation.

Bjork: Like I said, no alternative.

Viewer: GAHH!

haha,that's true but it was still done well.the way they used the machines as the beats for the songs and how she used music in her life was cool.love bjork.

McCabe and Mrs Miller. So obvious that Beatty hasn't got a fucking hope, so obvious that the kid isn't going to be able to walk away from the gunfight. 2 hours of inevitability.

All movies should feature a lonely, quiet death in a snowdrift. So much love for julie christie, too.

hermie said:
really i thought it was shite.purposely made to shock, no likeable characters, not that realistic.spot on about the soundtrack though

Yeah, 'Kids' is utter wank.
'McCabe and Mrs. Miller' is great. He got that yellowish colour from the cinematographer's jumper!
'Funny Games' is one of the few films to shock me to my core.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back