Depressing Films (2 Viewers)

chutneyfarmer said:
Anyone know where i can get this film????

as far as i know, it is not yet available on dvd with english subtitles, alas. i have it on video. its an amazing film, but to me its much heavier and bleaker than irreversible, which i do think has some very beautiful, uplifting and life affirming scenes in it.

its available for rent in laser, but i could lend you my copy gary.

nlgbbbblth said:
Funny Games
Winter Light
The Silence
Fear Eats The Soul
Tokyo Story

some great films there.with regards the Bergman ones do you prefer them to the more known ones or are they just more depressing?scenes from a marriage is the most excrutiatingly dour-slit your wrist watching it film i've ever seen.don't even want to see saraband now.

hermie said:
some great films there.with regards the Bergman ones do you prefer them to the more known ones or are they just more depressing?scenes from a marriage is the most excrutiatingly dour-slit your wrist watching it film i've ever seen.don't even want to see saraband now.

lads its a bit early to be discussing bergman aint it? why not play chess instead?

interiors.jpg

this is woody's bergman tribute yeah? only seen about 20 mins of it - looks grim! i prefer (wait for it!) his "earlier, funnier" stuff!

Depression [Aware Helpline 1890 303 302] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page) : The Movie

- starring Squack, Goff, La La, Ramps, Brian Conniffe, Super Dexta and introducing SeanC

hermie said:

I like Fanny and Alexander most. Scenes From A Marriage is excellent too (the extended cut of both make a lot more sense I reckon).

His 'faith' trilogy - Through A Glass Darkly, Winter Light and The Silence are profoundly downbeat and really show how fragile emotions are. At a push I'd prefer the likes of Wild Strawberries, The Seventh Seal and Fanny.. but he's a seriously amazing director. Cries and Whispers is devastating too.
Never seen a bad movie by him.

nlgbbbblth said:
I like Fanny and Alexander most. Scenes From A Marriage is excellent too (the extended cut of both make a lot more sense I reckon).

His 'faith' trilogy - Through A Glass Darkly, Winter Light and The Silence are profoundly downbeat and really show how fragile emotions are. At a push I'd prefer the likes of Wild Strawberries, The Seventh Seal and Fanny.. but he's a seriously amazing director. Cries and Whispers is devastating too.
Never seen a bad movie by him.

wasn't mad about scenes from a marriage and persona was a bit wanky,still haven't seen fanny and alexander.the fact that it's two videos made me keep putting it off.maybe this weekend.and then all the rest

I hate depressing films, I aint got what it takes. I think the film I found most upsetting was the grass arena, anyone know it? second generation irish dude in london becoming homeless alchoholic.. unspeakable filth

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back