De Sales (1 Viewer)

krystal

Since 2000
River Island
Normally I wouldn't piss on River Island if it was on fire but the stuff on sale is deadly - sparkly green cardy 15 euro, down from 40.50, fantabulous beaded bag as featured by wimmins fash mags down to 15 from 32, and a teal green top with chain mail stuff on the shoulders 15 down from 30. Bargain! Needless to say I bought all 3.

Topshop - sale is shit as per usual. May be bargains in accessories but I didn't bother to look.

Miss Selfridge - some good stuff, coats and what not. I er...lost the run of myself and bought a cape, 25 down from 76. Now all I need is a mystery to solve.

A Wear - they've trotted out a big load of crap for the sale, but some decent stuff is reduced as well - furry jacket I have had my eye on for ages, 60 down from 90. Red bag, 5 down from 15. Hurrah!

Office isn't great, just a load of gack shoes your mother wouldn't wear but the Schuh sale seems ace. Snared me my Thumped party shoes in there for 35 quid.

Didn't get a chance to check out Oasis yet but they usually come up trumps for skirts in the sales. Not been into Urban Outfitters either but I did get 2 things for half price just before the christmas so I imagine bargains are to be had.

This public service announcement has been brought to you all from me. It was torture for me to spend all that time shopping, but I did it anyway.

You're spot on there Kirstie, although I only wandered into a few shops the other day. I dashed into town to buy a new phone and uh, got, em, 'lost' and came home without new phone but with pritty new dress from Miss Selfridge. Came very close to buying a stripey pink velvet blazer there too.... Such is the nature of sales.... I may still get it.... Mmm tacky.... Only spotted the proper coats as I was running out of the shop in blind panic because the car park ticket was about to run into the next hour. Looked good, so I'll prolly head back in today to check those out. Top Shop sale stock is utter, utter pish. Makes me sick.

Top Shop sale stock is utter, utter pish. Makes me sick.
Isn't TopShop terrible! I ventured out of the house today.

I got new jeans!! Yay! After all my talk. In Espirit, in Arnotts, like. I love them muchos. Kind of a boyish ass and they're not bet onto my ankles. They were on sale but were still 67quid:eek:. That's with 25 pc off. But the clothes in Espirit are very well made and there's a lot to be said for that.
Didn't get much out of the sales besides really. Couple of books..not on sale...tights..not on sale. I'm not very good am I!:rolleyes: Oh and a kilo of salt. I'm dyeing something today.:)

kirstie said:
River Island
Normally I wouldn't piss on River Island if it was on fire but the stuff on sale is deadly - sparkly green cardy 15 euro, down from 40.50, fantabulous beaded bag as featured by wimmins fash mags down to 15 from 32, and a teal green top with chain mail stuff on the shoulders 15 down from 30. Bargain! Needless to say I bought all 3.
i got a voucher for river island. so i went in yesterday and bought a jacket. the girl beside the guy who was serving me said "that jacket is the only nice thing in here". naturally, i curtsied and left.

kirstie said:
oh how much were the stripey blazers down to?
€25. Dunno what they were reduced from. I didn't buy one yesterday. I had to be sensible. I was there trying it on and I had to say to myself "While I like the idea of this blazer and am supportive of someone wearing it, I don't think that person should be me because this is not at all flattering." I opted for a stretchy, nay- clingy, polo neck with orange and grey horizontal stripes... Stupid deceitful changing room mirrors...

one o me pals has it in anyways so I can't get it. I admire it from afar and have the occassional stroke of its stripey velvety ways.

I have to go and buy more wool today, as I managed to knit all my wool up in 2 days. The scarf I am currently knitting is going to end up costing €40. Erm...

Zita said:
€25. Dunno what they were reduced from. I didn't buy one yesterday. I had to be sensible. I was there trying it on and I had to say to myself "While I like the idea of this blazer and am supportive of someone wearing it, I don't think that person should be me because this is not at all flattering." I opted for a stretchy, nay- clingy, polo neck with orange and grey horizontal stripes... Stupid deceitful changing room mirrors...

kirstie said:
one o me pals has it in anyways so I can't get it. I admire it from afar and have the occassional stroke of its stripey velvety ways.

I have to go and buy more wool today, as I managed to knit all my wool up in 2 days. The scarf I am currently knitting is going to end up costing €40. Erm...
Anything I knit for myself ends up costing a small fortune, as I'm a sucker for ordering mad shit from Japan and whatnot. Might I be so nerdy as to ask what yarns you're using?

kirstie said:

Pretty sure those blazers were once €70. I say this because that is the price of all Miss Selfridge blazers.

I finished my scarf yesterday! I am refusing to hand it over until Thrillho's birthday, after which he will be expected to wear it every day until it falls apart. (Which considering the quality of my knitting may not be that long)

My take on the sales: M&S has loads of half price underwear, if you can handle the culchie mammies killing each other for satin-effect negligees. I got a pair of half price shoes in Topshop but most of the shoes were gack. I also got a dark purple blazer in Penney's (ah, me aul favourite) for €10. Hurrah!

Zita said:
Anything I knit for myself ends up costing a small fortune, as I'm a sucker for ordering mad shit from Japan and whatnot. Might I be so nerdy as to ask what yarns you're using?
Sounds to me you guys could do with your own sheep

did I keep the labels? Nope. Doh. Lovely fat double knitting wool which is knitting up a treat on size 22 needles. I got it in Hickeys like. I am justifying the cost by telling myself no one else will have a black and white scarf...oh....

Zita said:

kirstie said:
did I keep the labels? Nope. Doh. Lovely fat double knitting wool which is knitting up a treat on size 22 needles. I got it in Hickeys like. I am justifying the cost by telling myself no one else will have a black and white scarf...oh....
Size 22?:eek: Are we thinking on the same scale? Coz on the scale I'm on, size 22 would be like knitting with a pair of short javelins. I just stick to the ones I've always had, and the thickest is 6.
I actually can't believe that we all knit!! What would people think? Who cares. I was just commenting on the presents thread how i got nice wool at xmas then it emerges that zita, kirstie and helena all all active knitters as well. This is gas.

Incidentally, was everyone made knit in primary school? We had to knit al kinds of shite - like a circular (well, globular) cushion cover - like a big pie with slices of alternating colours.

Here, Pete! We needs a completely new board - Thumped Knitting Circle. !baggyyyy

Incidentally, the new wool I have was a present from my bro who lives in Spain. His girlfriend is from a a place called Tossa del Mar on the North East coast and her mother has a little shop full of gorgeous handmade stuff - kitchen stuff, jewellery etc. I think he got it up there. It's mohair, kind of a deep ruby colour with flecks of dark teal and black. Lovely.

Yeah, my folks own a wool shop in Walkinstown, which I've been known to help out in. That's what I'm doing at the moment actually cos they're away. 25mm is the biggest needle size you can get and yep, they ridiculous. Minka currently has my 20mm needles, which she has been told to return to me at both of our discretions cos they're pretty comedic. There are American and Old British numeric needle sizes too, but I don't think there is a size 22 in either of those.

I'm never one to actually look out for stuff at the sales but a john smedley sweater in BT caught my affection. I think it was the buttons on the shoulder that did it. Probably the first and last thing i'll ever buy there.

I heard that some crowd called Motion Picture in d'Ilac Centre have 501s for €30, and all the rest of their stock at half price.

And apparently there's great savings to be had in duvets from Arnotts.

Man i hate being broke after the xmas. I've saved myself €40 for buying beautiful new shoes at a knock down price, but am yet to find them. Does anyone know if they have post xmas sales in Paris? I'm afraid to go looking at shoes there though.

'She had a great life, almost finished college, blossoming career, great friends, a lovely boy who brought her to Paris... and she gave it all up to become a dame de la nuit to buy some pretty shoes she saw in a window on the Champs Elysee. Quel dommage! It happens to the best of us I suppose'

aoifed said:
Does anyone know if they have post xmas sales in Paris? I'm afraid to go looking at shoes there though.

Sales in france won't start until the end of january. But when they do, they're great (as are their summer sales). It's a law that sales can't start immediately after christmas because people who bring back stuff would be getting less for what they paid for them. makes sense. guess the frogs aren't so dumb after all!

You'll get decent priced shoes in Bata no matter what. Make sure to go to Rue de Rivoli, Boulevard Saint Michel & Rue de Reinnes for clothing department stores. Also check out the big H&M in Les Halles.

aoifed said:
'She had a great life, almost finished college, blossoming career, great friends, a lovely boy who brought her to Paris... and she gave it all up to become a dame de la nuit to buy some pretty shoes she saw in a window on the Champs Elysee. Quel dommage! It happens to the best of us I suppose'
The directors cut has the lovely boy working his bollix off shoveling pig shit for the nuns and heaving hay around on his shoulder to save up enough for said shoes, only for him to exchange le bastard clogs for a Stella Artois (no surprise with Parisian beerage prices)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back