De Sales (1 Viewer)

i got a gorgeous pair of pink trousers in river island today for 8 euros... 8 euros! take that, kirstie!
also lots of knickers in penneys, for i am a classy burd.

sleur said:
It's a law that sales can't start immediately after christmas because people who bring back stuff would be getting less for what they paid for them. makes sense. guess the frogs aren't so dumb after all!
Says you.

They should make it a law that ungrateful bastards shouldn't be allowed bring back presents you spent ages searching for...:mad:

Next one who does it is getting a credit note and a card...greeting=happy Xmas, thought I'd save you the bother of lugging your jumper back to Clearys, youy smell.

therecklessone said:
The directors cut has the lovely boy working his bollix off shoveling pig shit for the nuns and heaving hay around on his shoulder to save up enough for said shoes, only for him to exchange le bastard clogs for a Stella Artois (no surprise with Parisian beerage prices)
Sounds like himself alright. eh heh.

Dear Lord of Thumped, please don't let him read that. I promise I'll be good to poor people if you let me go to Paris and/or get nice new shoes.

Here, Sleur, thanks for the advice. Is Bata a shop or an area? And where might one find it? And do they have a guitar/football preoccupation section so that I might stay there for a while?

Now aint that a thought. They should build little areas in de shops with guitars, drum kits and footballs so that when a lady goes shopping, she can leave himself to play with the other himselves while she goes about her business, occasionally nipping back over to ask whether it's too slutty/old/weird or not.

Bata is a chain of cheap shoe shops. You should stumble upon a few on your travels, there's one on rue de rivoli i know for definite.

aoifed said:
Now aint that a thought. They should build little areas in de shops with guitars, drum kits and footballs so that when a lady goes shopping, she can leave himself to play with the other himselves while she goes about her business, occasionally nipping back over to ask whether it's too slutty/old/weird or not.
Its France, you can leave himself standing outside the shop minding the bags and watching all the pretty mademoiselles (sp?) gliding by. He'll have a horn on him by the time you get back to the hotel, double result.

Or maybe not...

apparently some english store did this recently, but I wonder - why should grown men be treated like kids who need to be entertained because they can't handle a bit of going around the shops? Nuts it is.

aoifed said:
Here, Sleur, thanks for the advice. Is Bata a shop or an area? And where might one find it? And do they have a guitar/football preoccupation section so that I might stay there for a while?

kirstie said:
apparently some english store did this recently, but I wonder - why should grown men be treated like kids who need to be entertained because they can't handle a bit of going around the shops? Nuts it is.
Yeah, over Xmas M&S provided men with computer consoles, DVDs to watch, table football, newspapers, etc. while their birds shopped. Totally dense idea. Why didn't the men just go to the pub or do something they wanted to do, rather than trail around behind their girlfriends and be babied. Utter stupidity.

exactly, so does this mean they think they helped then? Cos they went all right, but then had to go to the adult man creche cos they couldn't make a few decisions and stand in a queue for a bit? Newsflash, I hate christmas shopping too, but it has to be done. And as an adult, I can handle that without having to have my own special lady creche in the shops...
Down with this sort of thing.

zeelander said:
Yeah, over Xmas M&S provided men with computer consoles, DVDs to watch, table football, newspapers, etc. while their birds shopped. Totally dense idea. Why didn't the men just go to the pub or do something they wanted to do, rather than trail around behind their girlfriends and be babied. Utter stupidity.

zeelander said:
Holy Shit! I was only taking the piss. That's pretty weird alright.

and

he's a much better shopper than me and I generally end up getting tired and cranky and having a tantrum while he's still trooping away. Down with stereotypes.

ahem

retro in george's arcade is having a pretty decent sale at the moment.

speaking of which. what the fuck happened to george's arcade? i hadn't been in there in a while. it's all bagel bars and flourescent lighting now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back