Dave Fanning (1 Viewer)

Sometimes-my bloody valentine is supposedly his favourite track,

Anyone remember the night he played it twice in a row?!

He used always play it twice in a row. Events generally unfolded like this:

"And that was Sometimes by My Bloody Valentine from the aabsolutely brriallliant album Loveless... I saw them play twice, first time was great, second time not so great... I normally end up playing that track twice but I won't this....ahhh maybe I will....no i can't....ahhh Jaypurs...here we go, turn it up really loud"...::clef::didadummm Close my eyyeess........::clef::

He had maybe 2/3 good years back in the start of the 90's - he had PAW on when they played their one and only irish show.
But that was 10+ years ago and i think now he firmly needs to get lost.Hes show is utter shite.

Heard him on the radio recently in deep descussion about paris clinton with some Desperate house's type lady, what a tosser.

Fair play on the 3/4 years he did good - but he's been dragging some shite onto the airwaves since then.

I listened to him a lot when I was in school, like a lot of you guys I'd make tapes of his shows (and Uaneen's)..I interviewed him about three or four years ago and he was so unbelievably nice - I have so much respect for him. He invited me up the studio to interview him and I got to sit there while he did his links and played really long songs so I could ask him questions. He was dead nice to my mum too, who accompanied me up there! It was the most surreal night of my life. He even let me fade in a track! (which I did too quickly, I was so impatient). He then gave me and my mum a lift back to our hotel and brought us on a detour to show us some famous people's houses. We chatted about music and stuff and I have to say that since that day I have had even more respect for him than I had before (which was a lot). He put me in touch with his producer so I was on his show a good few times and it was so great, I did one of those mixtape slots once and by complete luck he loved all the tracks I picked, it was such a great half hour of chat abou Mazzy Star and Elliott Smith and stuff. I do think that in the last few years the format of the show has changed a lot, and it's not the same as it used to be. But fair fucks to him - he's one of the few people on Irish radio who deserves to be there.

He had maybe 2/3 good years back in the start of the 90's - he had PAW on when they played their one and only irish show.
But that was 10+ years ago and i think now he firmly needs to get lost.Hes show is utter shite.

Heard him on the radio recently in deep descussion about paris clinton with some Desperate house's type lady, what a tosser.

Fair play on the 3/4 years he did good - but he's been dragging some shite onto the airwaves since then.

I disagree. I think Fanning's still a good broadcaster and very entertaining and if you compare him to 90% of people on the airwaves and what they play...

I prefer him to Tom Dunne too. If they gave him a show with the same format as Pet Sounds he'd be great. But I guess they see him as an ageing presenter now and probably see Cormac Battle as the new Dave.

I always hated dave fanning because he said he'd play the brother's fanning session on a tuesday night and i sat there all night waiting for it listening to early 90's shite that he was playing and he never fucking played it. Then he played it out of the blue two or three days later and we all missed it. I was also told by a number of people Jim Lockhart was the man behind the music, though i'd take that with a grain of salt.

i like dave fanning. he seems like such a likable guy. didn't listen to him that much as a kid as he didn't play metal.

i was working in a cafe in london one time, standing at the counter with an awful hangover, and i heard a soothing voice say 'could i have the bread and butter pudding please, with lots of custard' and it was donal dineen. had a chat with him. he was a nice guy, but i kept asking him to repeat himself as the cafe was loud, he was quiet and i'm deaf. it ended up annoying me so now i hate him. the prick.

Ah, his show was great in the mid/late 80's - he played Husker Du and Hoodoo Gurus forchristsake!!!

Anyone remember when Gerry Ryan was good?
He had a show on after Fanning (10-12 I think).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back