Cute Lifestyles (1 Viewer)

oh. my. god.
how i love leopards of any kind.

leo37.jpg

nat1.jpg

LeopCub1-African_Leopard_Cub-by_Mark_Haysman.jpg

29790221.LeopardCubStanding.jpg

Went to the zoo for my birthday yesterday and not only did all of the animals have party hats on, they all had had babies in time for our visit (except the otters, but we'll get to them).

Took this one for La La. Didn't get to see the babies, but the grownup obliged:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/70362384@N00/231434582/

Contemplative Chimplady:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/70362384@N00/231434579/in/photostream/

(I got a few pics of her baby, too, but they came out blurry)

I'll tell you what, all respect to nature photographers. Swinging monkeys are impossible to photograph. Had a great time being taunted by a swinging baby gibbon, but none of the photos came out.

The Orangutan, though. Oh lordy. Dublin Zoo is pretty good as zoos go, but there was something seriously wrong in the Orangutan enclosure. I mean seriously wrong. The mommy ape sat there, face against the glass, with something so far beyond despair, almost beyond defeat, I nearly cried. Her little baby, the cutest thing on the planet, wasn't particularly peppy, though they both perked up a tiny bit when the baby came over to nurse. The daddy (although I could be wrongly presuming some kind of nuclear family) sat on a branch, facing away from the window, and was completely motionless. It started to rain while we were in there, so we took shelter inside for ages: the scene didn't get any better. Poor creatures. If you ever want to know how truly fucking badly we have completely fucked up the planet, go look into the eyes of mommy orangutan in the zoo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/70362384@N00/231434583/in/photostream/

HOWEVER, there are otters. Let me tell you something about otters: I have discovered why they are so insanely fucking adorable. They are so insanely adorable because the male otter has the largest testicle-to-body ratio in the entire animal world, so mammoth, in fact, that it would be a surprise if they didn't have callouses on the fuckers. I shot a minute of video of 'male otter playing', but when I watched it back, I saw it would be more fittingly called 'big testicle dance party'.

Still. SOOOO CUTE.

OMG, also, I took the cutest 2-year old ever, and I taught him to say the word 'dude'. He ran around going, "Unny dude! Unny dude!" (Unny is his name for himself.) and I kept trying not to die.

In closing, ZOO.

not that i've ever doubted you, but you just cemented yourself in the 'people la la thinks are cool' hall of fame.

thank you janeypoo! .|..|
When we got to the snow leopard, I actually felt *guilty* for gazing upon such a creature, when really, they are *your* love. Really wanted to get a glimpse of the babies, but I'm sure that will happen soon enough. I'm so going back to the zoo soon.

And yes, theweeyin, a GREAT time was had by all, thanks! In fact, what I found a bit strange was that there were so many people there, especially with toddlers, who were not giggling and chuckling their heads off. My friend and her little dude and I couldn't stop laughing, and my face actually ACHED from smiling by the time I left. He was so tired that he was staggering around like a little drunk, muttering 'dude', and cracking us up so that we ended up staggering, too. Little humans rule. Little humans + animals = BEST THING EVER.

I don't know if these little fellas have been on before, but they're so damn kyoot!
Tri%20baby%205-04%20CUTE.jpg

And not to mention
Harris%20Otter2.jpg

And looky! It's a sugar-glider! Even the name is cute.
Sugar-Glider-Baby-pix.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back