Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (3 Viewers)

My sister is pregnant and doesn’t have any medicine in for her or the kids.
The only pharmacy I could find open was in the Blanch centre and there is a queue of people waiting to get their hair done in the barbers.
What the actual fuck??

This is good news. MP Nadine Dorres and her 84 y/o mum, who has underlying health issues, appear to have recovered from Covid. Article is behind a paywall 🙄. More positive stories like this please.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I live in an open plan flat with my girlfriend. We’ve cornered off a section of it for a bedroom with curtains but essentially it’s all one big room, with a separate bathroom. How do we self isolate if one of us gets ill?

I live in an open plan flat with my girlfriend. We’ve cornered off a section of it for a bedroom with curtains but essentially it’s all one big room, with a separate bathroom. How do we self isolate if one of us gets ill?

my approach would be:
You don’t. You both get it and look after each other.

if one gets it, it’s kind of inevitable that you both get it, by living in essentially a studio space without extreme measures.
I mean, you can try but I imagine that might be pointless in close quarters

If one of you gets it both of you probably will. It's incredibly difficult to stop illness spreading within a flat/house (says me recovering from a vomiting bug I got off Mrs. egg_)

We went out for dinner for the kids 18th last night.
Wasn’t keen on it but I called the restaurant in advance and they said they’d taken out half the seating and had a very strict policy on people coming in and distances etc.
Pushed the booking forward so we could get out before it got busy.
Watched the Late late, listened to the experts and they said it was ok to head out but be sensible about it.
Ok grand, all bases covered.
Got there and there were about 20 kids around the place, including a table literally 10inches from ours.
I was that asshole who asked could we be moved and we ended up in the corner and very glad to be there too (while getting filthy looks from the family we’d moved from).
Just saw on Facebook that they’re now closed for the next two weeks. Social distancing in pubs and restaurants just won’t work.
We can’t close the pub unless the government orders it. It was extremely hostile here when we said we were closing for the one night for the kids 18th party in Dublin.
If we close now, they will hold the grudge and never set foot here again and we’ll be ruined.

I'm really lucky to live beside the Phoenix park which is a real blessing because I dont drive and dont have a garden so staying in means being in a basement flat with not a lot of light.

My dad suggested we meet in the park today and bring our own keep cup of coffee and snack and take a walk together to catch up. Was able to walk over, keep our distance, catch up and get some exercise and air without me feeling like I was being irresponsible by meeting him. Should also note my dad is a very healthy and active man in his 60s.

I know people are saying only leave the house when absolutely necessary but what say ye to the above as a way of keeping up with people and not going mad while taking as much precaution as you can? Just wanna be sure were doing the right thing.

Starting to feel awful actually. Lethargic, headache, stiff neck, bit of a throat. No cough and not much of a fever though so hopefully not it. The kid seems to have a stomach bug. Could be catching what he has.

Can't believe they never tested you!

How are you all today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back