Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (1 Viewer)

lololol this fucking thread has turned into the journal comments section.

Fucking joggers! and cyclists! and old people! and young people! and people with kids! and people without kids!

None of them are as considerate of others as ME. Clearly.

Ha! That wasn't really my point. I was just thinking the other day that whatever support I might have had for the idea of high density housing with only communal outdoor spaces is gone. It just doesn't work. It's not good for the soul. Decentralisation and other means of enabling people to work closer to home, rather than finding a way to cram more people into overcrowded urban spaces is going to have to be the way forward.

Ha! That wasn't really my point. I was just thinking the other day that whatever support I might have had for the idea of high density housing with only communal outdoor spaces is gone. It just doesn't work. It's not good for the soul. Decentralisation and other means of enabling people to work closer to home, rather than finding a way to cram more people into overcrowded urban spaces is going to have to be the way forward.
Ah I know, it's a really good point. It's an incredibly common way of living around the world, or more specifically Europe, though, do we just do it wrong here?

Fucking joggers! and cyclists! and old people! and young people! and people with kids! and people without kids!

This made me laugh. I checked back in to this thread, and didn't know what was going on.

Totally sympathise Squiggle. We only have a small garden but it’s a godsend right now.

I was just thinking the other day that whatever support I might have had for the idea of high density housing with only communal outdoor spaces is gone.
Is this specifically because of the pandemic? I've very glad I'm a culshie atm, but after 15 years living in the country I still miss the city, and I wouldn't necessarily be advising people to move to the countryside just in case there's a pandemic

Alright, sorry. Genuinely. I spoke harshly. I hoped for comedic effect, but that hasn't worked.

Sorry for lowering the general tone, and sorry to jogging people who post here.

Alright, sorry. Genuinely. I spoke harshly. I hoped for comedic effect, but that hasn't worked.

Sorry for lowering the general tone, and sorry to jogging people who post here.
Don't mind Ann Post, he's just trying to cause a fight. The other thread is about running anyway.

Is this specifically because of the pandemic? I've very glad I'm a culshie atm, but after 15 years living in the country I still miss the city, and I wouldn't necessarily be advising people to move to the countryside just in case there's a pandemic

My opinion (that nobody asked for) is that if you are going high density it has to be from day one, rather than tacking on a bit of parkland to box-tick the planning stuff. The public transport should be in before a sod is turned. Amenities for days etc etc. Current irish plan is build wherever and people can drive to nice places and anyone without a car can get fucked. Clearly working out great now as joggers have no option but to jog on the backs of infants.

Did you not read the memo that Thumped is for pricks?

God, I can't stand people who don't read the memo.

The pandemic has highlighted it. In optimal conditions I don't mind living in the city, in an apartment, even a small one, as long as I can get out of it regularly and for reasonable periods of time. But I now know for certain that I would never advocate for families being forced to live in high-density housing. They should have safe, secure and private outdoor space, always.

I was just thinking the other day that whatever support I might have had for the idea of high density housing with only communal outdoor spaces is gone. It just doesn't work. It's not good for the soul.

Na, see just like everything, Ireland is fucking shit at trying to do this, that's all, and it's exacerbated by the current situation. Ireland's idea of a communal outdoor space is a fuckin concrete courtyard in the middle of the complex with one tree growing in the middle of that, as with most things Ireland, it's a fucking joke.

In contrast, Vienna has loads of amazing apartment complexes and also they try and make sure there's reasonably big parks right beside them too, rather than like 1.5 km away.

Edit: That said, I'd be pretty sure it's almost universally easier to live high density without kids, or at the very least without young kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back