Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (5 Viewers)

I can't 100% confirm that they are all driving beige monster trucks.

It's possible some of their monster trucks are a darker colour.

You should get down there early the morning and ask them yourself then throw it up on twitter and internet shame the lot of them. I suspect there is some serious stockpiling going for when loo roll is worth more than gold.

You should get down there early the morning and ask them yourself then throw it up on twitter and internet shame the lot of them

I was thinking about that. But, 6 am... that's lockdown 6am too. Which is something like 4am normal time, seeing as I'm dragging myself out of bed at around 9pm these days, best case scenario.

*edit - 9am. Although I'm also dragging myself out of bed at 9pm, because my sleeping is fucked these days.

I'm down to half a roll. I still have some room to maneuver.

It's more the question: why? What are they doing with all this toilet paper? This has been going on for weeks now. Where is it all going?

24 billion... this month?

That's an awful lot of money to earn in a month.

If I was to earn 24 billion in a year I'd be happy. I'd settle for half that amount even.

I was reading about this the other week, in the Liverpool Echo of all places. The toilet paper mill they went to has 80 million rolls in storage, like as part of their normal storage, enough for the whole country, and this is just one plant. They make 4.7 million rolls every day. And an artic truck, fully loaded, will have enough tp to last the average arse-wiper for 500 years. POOP FACTS!!

Tp-mania has calmed down around here. I don't know what the hell's happening where you are. Are there people on TV/radio telling people to calm it on the bulk buying? Do people, Karen's included, actually know what's going on? Or are people still panicking because they're listening to bullshit?

Welcome to no-fun numbers with Ann Post.

Govt is targeting 15000 tests per week.

To do the whole population would take about a year at this rate.

HOWEVER. When you get close to 50% testing you could be way beyond that. Like my sibling, lives with partner and child, there is no way they could avoid it as a mini group so 50% tests done slightly intelligently could represtent 70%+ coverage.

That considered I kinda think 30% population testing is representative of 50% and you'll be seeing stuff like anti-body testing and what not and return to work certs or whatever.

To hit 30% of the population will take about 90 days, though like, we have a start.

Don't even worry about the may5th announcements. Hype yourself for July.

This has been no fun numbers with Ann Post.

giphy.gif

I was reading about this the other week, in the Liverpool Echo of all places. The toilet paper mill they went to has 80 million rolls in storage, like as part of their normal storage, enough for the whole country, and this is just one plant. They make 4.7 million rolls every day. And an artic truck, fully loaded, will have enough tp to last the average arse-wiper for 500 years. POOP FACTS!!

Tp-mania has calmed down around here. I don't know what the hell's happening where you are. Are there people on TV/radio telling people to calm it on the bulk buying? Do people, Karen's included, actually know what's going on? Or are people still panicking because they're listening to bullshit?

Hmm. So... I don't think I have a radio in my apartment. And I didn't have a TV until people staying with me got pissed off to the extent they bought one. It got bolted onto the wall, it's not connected to anything, and I haven't touched it since - although the kids use it for movies and their games.

In short, I don't know. I don't even read the Washingont Post. I have a glance at the headlines in the supermarket, but that's about it. It's really bad, I completely disengaged with TV and radio when I moved here because it seemed shit, and I haven't ever re-engaged.

It would explain what's going on I suppose, if there's crazy people shouting at them telling them things.

The perseverance though, to panic buy day after day, that's the most amazing bit. I can get it in the first few days, I went out and bought a rake of lentils, a fuck load of coffee (which is coming to the end now) and cans of stuff. I get the concept of panic buying, but only toilet paper? For a month?

Oh right! I forgot to add.

They do purchase limits. They allow one / customer.

What the Karens do is they come in waves, ferrying it out to their beige SUV monster trucks. One wave of Karens come sweeping in, and take out the first layer of toilet paper, one per Karen.

Then they cycle the stuff back to their monster trucks, possibly with more than one Karen per monster truck, and repeat the process.

I was asking the poor bastard what was going on, and when he was explaining this he looked even more distraught than I was looking. And he was wearing a mask. He said they weren't going to go out into the carpark and start trying to track down which Karen is which.

I asked him "...but why?", and he just shook his head and looked out at the car park, Vietnam Vet 1,000 yard stare style.

Attachments

• Rambo.jpg
    Rambo.jpg
    595.8 KB · Views: 1
Just heard my drummer is on hospital with this. A load of them in his work were instructed to self-isolate a couple of weeks ago after some of their colleagues returned from Cheltenham. He's in good form considering.

One of my best friends is Swedish, and she's still going to work. She works in publishing so obviously its not an essential job, and they can easily work from home. Its crazy.

Just heard my drummer is on hospital with this. A load of them in his work were instructed to self-isolate a couple of weeks ago after some of their colleagues returned from Cheltenham. He's in good form considering.
I would actually SCREAM if a colleague came back from that and passed it on. The selfishness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back