Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (18 Viewers)

Oh and I robbed this from a tweet but its a fair point:

"Took 17 days for Mary Lou McDonald to get a test result. Tubridy, Ciara Kelly and Claire Byrne got their results much quicker."

What were the numbers like when they were being tested? Kelly and Byrne were diagnosed before ML was even tested.

Got shouted at by an elderly dog walker today while out for a run. I was nowhere near him, about 5 metres away minimum, and he shouted "fucking joggers taking up the space" so I shouted back "clean up your dog shit" because he didn't clean up after his dog. Lovely interaction first thing in the morning.

1586942658474.png

From worldometers, still trending up but flattening. (I believe a flat line is the best that can be hoped for here because logarithms and people not coming back to life)

I feel that I need to point out that there's still no toilet paper for sale in any of the shops around me.

I asked someone who works there what the story was. Seemingly they are getting full shipments, every morning at around 6am. Then hoards of Karens come steaming in and grabbing if off the shelves, full frenzied style, and by 7 am the shelves are empty again. This has been happening, like clockwork, every day for what's got to be a month now?

The rest of the stock levels appear completely normal. But, literally the entire toilet paper isle is stripped.

One time, I saw a Karen, with a bag of toilet paper, holding it up like a lion corpse beaming into the phone and taking a selfie of it. For the laugh I shouted "That's mine!" at her (like, for a joke), and she bolted out of sight.

It's fucking bizarre.

They *could* do purchase limits.

Oh right! I forgot to add.

They do purchase limits. They allow one / customer.

What the Karens do is they come in waves, ferrying it out to their beige SUV monster trucks. One wave of Karens come sweeping in, and take out the first layer of toilet paper, one per Karen.

Then they cycle the stuff back to their monster trucks, possibly with more than one Karen per monster truck, and repeat the process.

I was asking the poor bastard what was going on, and when he was explaining this he looked even more distraught than I was looking. And he was wearing a mask. He said they weren't going to go out into the carpark and start trying to track down which Karen is which.

I asked him "...but why?", and he just shook his head and looked out at the car park, Vietnam Vet 1,000 yard stare style.

Are you sure this isn't happening inside your head?

Fairly sure.

I've been running low on toilet paper from before this started. I thought if I ignored the panic buying nonsense things would be back to normal after a few days. Because teh place was permanently empty assumed that the shops weren't getting supplied, so after a couple of weeks of me checking in sporadically I asked when they expected to receive shipment.

At that point the above story poured out of the person monitoring the self checkout area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back