Cork Film Festival (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse

so i'm going to see Oldboy, Chaos, Coffee And Cigarettes, The Eye 2, Hero, and Room To Let. Any other good ones i'm missing out on?

mecanix at 5.00 monday in the triskel looks deadly. soundtrack by teeth of lions rule the divine (stephan o'malley & greg anderson from sunn o))), lee dorrian from napalm death and justin greaves from iron monkey). some shit about the film here ... http://www.institut-pain.com/mecanix/

This fantasy tale takes place in a nightmarish and surreal world. It is controlled by hideous beasts who bring empowerment of the mechanical over to the organic side of life to fuse. These beasts enslave humans and turn them into deformed mutants and guinea pigs in their search of a divine object: the embryo of the universe. Meanwhile, the last free man, born from the fruit of a tree, finds the embryo before the beasts and hides it in his belly. The beasts capture him, skin and extract the object from his belly. From that embryo, then, rises a woman figure, but no one knows who she is. She unleashes her wrath upon this world of oil and metal by having nature take over. This is not the usual good vs. evil genre. A force involved will change the course of evolution. No matter if they are divine or not, they have no control over the circumstances nor the future.​
so far i'm going to mecanix, hero, the eye 2 (gonna be a marathon cinema session monday night!), oldboy (don't think i'll be up for anything else tuesday night after this!), chaos, the onedotzero japanese moving image showcase yokey on friday (not gonna bother with the music video yoke on the thursday ... it was shit enough last year and looks poor enough this year too), and coffee & cigarettes on saturday. probably go to another few as well. film festival's the best week in cork all year by far.

I reckon I'll be going to the above and likely Good Morning Night, Europe in Shorts. Probably a couple more as well, depending on what's on when I get bored.

fuck it, i just noticed there's a documentary about the ramones on wednesdaay night at 11.30... and i've work the next morning at 7... aggghh decisions...

Alan Remorse said:
fuck it, i just noticed there's a documentary about the ramones on wednesdaay night at 11.30... and i've work the next morning at 7... aggghh decisions...
jayses man, yer only 20. Surely your body can take 5 hours sleep.

ddmurph said:
there's a jem cohen film called chain on friday too.
yeah i know i wanted to see it but i'm working.

and i can take 5 hours sleep no bother, it's the 12 hour shift thats gonna kill me!

this year's fest is one of the strongest i remember in my opinion. last year was cool too but most of the best stuff was the documentaries (the chaplin yokey in the english market was deadly too). lots of good shit on this year. i fuckin love the film festival. probably won't get a chance to go to as many things this year as the last two though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back