Cheap Android tablet recommendations? (1 Viewer)

if you can wait a couple of months until the ipad 3 comes out, then you should be able to pick up an ipad 1 or 2 for seriously cheap. that's my vague plan, anyway. android yokes might have cool names but ipad is the real deal. ipad is to android as slayer is to anal cunt.

I like the idea of a chrome book but I don't like the idea of using one offline

if you can wait a couple of months until the ipad 3 comes out, then you should be able to pick up an ipad 1 or 2 for seriously cheap. that's my vague plan, anyway. android yokes might have cool names but ipad is the real deal. ipad is to android as slayer is to anal cunt.

Hmm, have you seen how much an iPad 1 still costs on eBay? They're still a very much sought after item - I'd imagine because everyone has the same idea as you on this!

what's the latest on these? I'm seeing 7" wifi & 3g, 8GB, 512mb android tablets for under €100 and am thinking one might be good for the olds.

anyone?

I would stay far away from Chinese Android tablets, what better way to introduce technology to non-tech people by giving them a horrible experience?

I'd go for a Nexus 7 if it's android you're set on. But ideally an iPad mini should be a default choice for oldens/technotards, will last years and probably will get a lot more use.

I would stay far away from Chinese Android tablets, what better way to introduce technology to non-tech people by giving them a horrible experience?

I'd go for a Nexus 7 if it's android you're set on. But ideally an iPad mini should be a default choice for oldens/technotards, will last years and probably will get a lot more use.

yeah i'd be all for iPad, but there's about €250 (that i don't have) in the difference.

I'm thinking of getting the young wan one of these....I'm assuming a clever 6 y/o could operate the shit out of one,yes?

I'm thinking of getting the young wan one of these....I'm assuming a clever 6 y/o could operate the shit out of one,yes?

mine does.
a few games, drawing apps, youtube, netflix. She loves it.
A lot of the 'free' games that the kids seem to like invariably have some features where you have to 'buy' some stupid thing within the game, so you make sure you've things set up so you don't come in one day to find €100 euro's worth of rainbow dolphin gems on your credit card bill.

But you can set it up so they can't buy anything, can't install stuff, filters and all that jazz.

mine does.
a few games, drawing apps, youtube, netflix. She loves it.
A lot of the 'free' games that the kids seem to like invariably have some features where you have to 'buy' some stupid thing within the game, so you make sure you've things set up so you don't come in one day to find €100 euro's worth of rainbow dolphin gems on your credit card bill.

But you can set it up so they can't buy anything, can't install stuff, filters and all that jazz.

Awesome.Thats perfect.She's keen to get her hands on some tech..and no doubt some rainbow dolphin gems....and I'm keen to get her started.

Dad of the year mug 2012 edition is in the bag!

Takes me right back it does...oh Oric One..you'll never be forgotten!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back