chalets (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter Deleted member 3435
  • Start date
  • Replies 111
  • Views 12K
  • Watchers 10
seanc said:
Goodness me, are people being pretentious with their taste in music? On Thumped!!!??? Horror of horror's!

Thing is though, the choice shouldn't be a binary one between the kind of neo-prog pretension too many people round these parts seem to be into and "ironic" shit. Pop music can be good on its own terms, without all the smug oh-so-knowing wank-stainery. The Chalets are Spring Break without the audience full of rugby cocks.

It's not that I don't get the joke, it's that the joke is about as amusing as having your eyes put out with sticks. And don't even get me started on the Warlords of Pez and their "zany" antics.

Polo said:
Pop music can be good on its own terms, without all the smug oh-so-knowing wank-stainery.

I'm totally with you there, alright. I guess it's just a matter of your own personal thresholds.

Polo said:
the joke is about as amusing as having your eyes put out with sticks
Here, Polo, and here, thumped in general, this kind of assertion:

"<something of arguable merit> is as bad as/worse than <something horrific>"
e.g. I'd rather dissolve my feet in a bath of acid than listen to The Chalets

is not really that funny anymore. Please oh please oh puuulllleeeeeeese stop it.

to the haters: smoke some jaja binks and let them get on with it.
to the lovers: what are you doing on the internet? get back to bed and make more love.

egg_ said:

is not really that funny anymore. Please oh please oh puuulllleeeeeeese stop it.

ah egg_, people are trying to express themselves. you don't have to like it, but you shouldn't ask them to stop.

egg_ said:

yeah, blackadder has alot to answer for...

nEiLo said:
ah egg_, people are trying to express themselves. you don't have to like it, but you shouldn't ask them to stop.
no no no no no no no no no no no, ALL WRONG.
you'll get nowhere with that kind of attitude. being popular is all about keeping your mouth shut, except when you have something good to say. an opinion these days is akin to a curse word in our grandparents time... you'll get sent to bed with no breakfast.
but really guys. pick on a band worthy of your spleen, like the jimmy cake or something.
hiyo!

:) hiyo is my new favourite thing. i know, i know... it's old and perhaps over-used (if you're a cool simpsons fan) but i'm finding it funny used in this way and it looks funny typed out.
HIYO!!! :)

egg_ said:

I can quite understand why someone who links to Stoat in their signature would want to see hostility towards shit bands become a little less venemous. In conclusion, feel free to lick the hair from my balls.

Polo said:
I can quite understand why someone who links to Stoat in their signature would want to see hostility towards shit bands become a little less venemous. In conclusion, feel free to lick the hair from my balls.
OMG! i think i'm in love with a boy again. oh no.

Wheels said:
Well Thumpeders, I think we have a new record for posting under the most different user names on a thread by one person. I've counted four. Am I missing any?

whos posting what now??

Wheels said:
Well Thumpeders, I think we have a new record for posting under the most different user names on a thread by one person. I've counted four. Am I missing any?
yes, you're missing one.
well thumpeders. well indeed.
here, i have another question. i can count to 10, ok? i reckon there's 8 numbers between 1 and 10. did i miss any?

hag said:
yes, you're missing one.
well thumpeders. well indeed.
here, i have another question. i can count to 10, ok? i reckon there's 8 numbers between 1 and 10. did i miss any?

Thumpeteers is way better name

Hey Pete, with the Oscars coming up isn't it about time we had

THE THUMPED(S'CARS)!? * working title

Imagine the categorys - Best original thread, best post, best link, outstanding contribution to Thumped, best photoshopped picture, best cut n' paste from Pitchfork media... oh the excitement!!! And we can all wear suits and dresses into work on the day of the results!!!

You know, no matter how much he licked, he wouldn't be able to lick it all down in smooth manner. This is known as the hairy ball theorem, and it's why plasma reactors use toroidal magnetic fields to contain the plasma. Pretty cool, ne c'est pas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back