chalets (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter Deleted member 3435
  • Start date
  • Replies 111
  • Views 12K
  • Watchers 10
The only circumstances under which I would consider going to a Kaiser Chiefs/Chalet's gig would be if I had a large quantity of explosives strapped to my body.

Why would you take yourself out as well though?

I know what you mean, but I kinda like "I Predict A Riot". I have honestly heard worse. I wouldn't play support to them though. Fuck 'em.

UnIt SevEn said:

I know what you mean, but I kinda like "I Predict A Riot". I have honestly heard worse. I wouldn't play support to them though. Fuck 'em.

they'll be really cut up about that man.

Some of you are missing the point of the Chalets. It's OK if you don't get it.

UnIt SevEn said:

i actually dont mind their other songs but 'i predict a riot' makes me almost gurn with discomfort its so spine-tingling shit. i dont think theyre the worst band tho. as for those Bravery and Killers lads. theyre potential H-Bomb victims

doing what they do.....worst.

chipmunks.jpg

if i ever see the chalets again and my ears start bleeding, im going to shit.

absolutely everywhere.

;)

ICUH8N said:
Some of you are missing the point of the Chalets. It's OK if you don't get it.
oh well excuse me! ;)
please share this 'point' with the rest of us as there's nothing mentioned about it on their website. i also thought they were a band.

If you think for one second that I'll respond to anyone quoting Hag in their signature (other than in a derogatory manner; for instance "Hag makes baby Jesus cry") you are gravely mistaken. That's actually worse than criticising the Chalets for "selling out" or not conforming to some narrow-minded ideal of what you think music should be.

i like the chalets's music (i know i've said that a million times before buh, i genuinely do, i'm not just saying it to go against the grain).. and the dressing thing- well.. whatever floats your boat. but fair play to them, what they're doing isn't what i'd want to do in a band (the whole 'making it' thing), but they're doing what they want to do and they seem to put in a hell of a lot of work, so, y'know, good luck to them. that video just made me make a mental note never to do a gig in clothes i'm not comfortable in though.. yr one on the right looks so apprehensive about the strapless buzz.. constantly adjusting your clothes takes something away from the whole 'i'm so cool, me' thing.
yous can all shut up now, I Have Spoken.

ICUH8N said:
If you think for one second that I'll respond to anyone quoting Hag in their signature (other than in a derogatory manner; for instance "Hag makes baby Jesus cry") you are gravely mistaken. That's actually worse than criticising the Chalets for "selling out" or not conforming to some narrow-minded ideal of what you think music should be.

Hey man, don't hate Hag. He can see you when you hate him.

Thanks for being understanding about people "not getting" the chalets. I feel a lot better about it now. If their debut album is any way good, I'll take it all back with interest. It just anytime I've seen them live, I've thought "bad marketing idea" as opposed to "good music". They seem to be somewhere between Bis and Lush, but without the redeeming qualities of either. Not my thing at all, so thanks for being understanding about it.

But I could, in theory, be wrong!!

Ok, Wilbert wins, we should all start actively looking for a support slot with The Kaiser Chiefs, regardless of how unlikely the whole thing would be, as secretly we all want to play to thousands of screaming kids. I'd be fucking mortified.

I have no desire to argue further with people about these issues so that concludes my involvement in this thread. Other than to reiterate that the Last Call mp3s are actually very good indeed.

ICUH8N said:
you're just making assumpions there man. i think the chalets are exploiting a valid market. you implied people here didn't 'get' them in a patronising tone... i just called you on it buddy. get with real life and plug out of the internet and get a job or something.

Super Dexta said:
i like the chalets's music (i know i've said that a million times before buh, i genuinely do, i'm not just saying it to go against the grain).. and the dressing thing- well.. whatever floats your boat. but fair play to them, what they're doing isn't what i'd want to do in a band (the whole 'making it' thing), but they're doing what they want to do and they seem to put in a hell of a lot of work, so, y'know, good luck to them. that video just made me make a mental note never to do a gig in clothes i'm not comfortable in though.. yr one on the right looks so apprehensive about the strapless buzz.. constantly adjusting your clothes takes something away from the whole 'i'm so cool, me' thing.
yous can all shut up now, I Have Spoken.
that's a pretty great opinion there ma'am.

Hug, I'm buying you a pint if I ever meet you again. You deserve it. Seriously man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back