Catholic Church says No to Gay Adoption (1 Viewer)

this is your da mowing the grass.
vp-1997.jpg

The Arm family, Christmas 2006.

apart from the immediate issue of gay parenting, i would have an issue with a religious organisation involved in choosing adoptive parents anyway - cos if they're willing to discriminate based on sexuality, i'd safe it's a safe bet that there are other criteria they base their decisions on which i would have issue with.

are you a parent? ARE YOU A PARENT?!?!?!

I'm with snakey. Every child should have a right to a mother figure and a father figure. I'm still not against single sex couples adopting; but they'd have to ensure that the child is raised with a clear understanding and interpretation of the issues at hand; and to be honest, that's a lot for a kid to take in. It's tough enough trying to get them around the ida of mommy and daddy and 'special hugs' as it is.

It'd take real talent to get them clear on daddy and daddy being the same as mommy and daddy, but that doesnt mean that all mommies and daddies have to be daddy-daddy, or mommy-mommy, y'see baby? So when you grow up, you'll know lots about daddy-daddies and mommy-mommies and you can decide for yourself whether you like daddies or mommies. Wait. I mean Boys or Girls. Sorry, no. I mean straights and queers. Shit. thats wrong too. Here, shut up and have a Liga biscuit.

Good luck to them i say. straight parenting is tough. I have no idea how hard it will be for the gays, but it wont be easy.

I'm with snakey. Every child should have a right to a mother figure and a father figure. I'm still not against single sex couples adopting; but they'd have to ensure that the child is raised with a clear understanding and interpretation of the issues at hand; and to be honest, that's a lot for a kid to take in. It's tough enough trying to get them around the ida of mommy and daddy and 'special hugs' as it is.

It'd take real talent to get them clear on daddy and daddy being the same as mommy and daddy, but that doesnt mean that all mommies and daddies have to be daddy-daddy, or mommy-mommy, y'see baby? So when you grow up, you'll know lots about daddy-daddies and mommy-mommies and you can decide for yourself whether you like daddies or mommies. Wait. I mean Boys or Girls. Sorry, no. I mean straights and queers. Shit. thats wrong too. Here, shut up and have a Liga biscuit.

Good luck to them i say. straight parenting is tough. I have no idea how hard it will be for the gays, but it wont be easy.

Go with the flow, that's what I say. everyone's life is different. normal isn't necessarily mommy and daddy. daddy and daddy will be normal to the kid raised that way. and obviously, the ideal is that they're good people and good parents - and hopefully the strict screening establishes that before handing over the cot. and what's your concern - that they turn out gay? that they get bullied in school about it? hell anyone can be bullied and sexuality is nature not nurture. you just deal with that stuff when it happens.

Fair enough Bellatrix, well in my case it wasn't a platitude - it was a statement based on experience that I've really thought through.

And this goes for your question too, Billy. I mean, I thought you might understand what I meant inherently, and that's why I haven't spelt it out before. Let's take one example - a situation, say, in which you have a choice between (a) two dads versus (b) a mother and father: a straight-up choice, in which money, social status etc aren't factors.

It's very clear to me as someone who lives with a mother - I mean, very clear - that women's maternal instincts are hugely influential on a child's confidence and well-being. Most women have maternal instincts before they even have a kid (ask Jane), and when they kick in, it's even more powerful. And the bonds that are created stay there and influence the child. That's at a very early age. And breastfeeding is just a part of that - there's also the nurturing, softness and kindness etc. Now that's not to say that a man - or indeed a gay man - can't be nurturing and kind as well, but I don't believe it's the same thing. In the case of a slightly older child, like say 2 years old, it stands to reason that positive male and female role models are good things, since they're going to have to interact with males and females in life. And I'd imagine these things continue to influence the child into their teens, though perhaps to a lesser degree. I see my daughter react to boys in a positive way. AND I see her respond to them in the same way she responds to me. She's not afraid of men, and she jokes with them, and has a mess - because that's what she does with me every single day. (And, you know, I'm not saying I'm this great parent or anything - I'm just passing on my observations.) Kids are not stupid! They know the difference from very early on.

So there are just two examples.

Go with the flow, that's what I say. everyone's life is different. normal isn't necessarily mommy and daddy. daddy and daddy will be normal to the kid raised that way. and obviously, the ideal is that they're good people and good parents - and hopefully the strict screening establishes that before handing over the cot. and what's your concern - that they turn out gay? that they get bullied in school about it? hell anyone can be bullied and sexuality is nature not nurture. you just deal with that stuff when it happens.

You sure do.

My concern is that enforcing these issues on a kid very early on sounds like too much. Yet if single sex parenting is to be; then it's absolutley neccessary for the nipper to understand all this without getting confused. That said; i'm sure there are more qualified cunts around that could come up with a successful way to achieve this. Like over the religion thread. Do what you wanna do, but decide after you've explored all the oppertunities and options and are happy with what you know.

Now. I'm off to tattoo a big penis onto my daughters shoulder so she does'nt get the wrong idea about gays.

Fair enough Bellatrix, well in my case it wasn't a platitude - it was a statement based on experience that I've really thought through.

And this goes for your question too, Billy. I mean, I thought you might understand what I meant inherently, and that's why I haven't spelt it out before. Let's take one example - a situation, say, in which you have a choice between (a) two dads versus (b) a mother and father: a straight-up choice, in which money, social status etc aren't factors.

It's very clear to me as someone who lives with a mother - I mean, very clear - that women's maternal instincts are hugely influential on a child's confidence and well-being. Most women have maternal instincts before they even have a kid (ask Jane), and when they kick in, it's even more powerful. And the bonds that are created stay there and influence the child. That's at a very early age. And breastfeeding is just a part of that - there's also the nurturing, softness and kindness etc. Now that's not to say that a man - or indeed a gay man - can't be nurturing and kind as well, but I don't believe it's the same thing. In the case of a slightly older child, like say 2 years old, it stands to reason that positive male and female role models are good things, since they're going to have to interact with males and females in life. And I'd imagine these things continue to influence the child into their teens, though perhaps to a lesser degree. I see my daughter react to boys in a positive way. AND I see her respond to them in the same way she responds to me. She's not afraid of men, and she jokes with them, and has a mess - because that's what she does with me every single day. (And, you know, I'm not saying I'm this great parent or anything - I'm just passing on my observations.) Kids are not stupid! They know the difference from very early on.

So there are just two examples.

but that's only your experience. what makes you think that experience is any richer than the experience of a person raised by just a dad or 2 dads - as long as they're cared for and loved etc.?

that assumption, from one perspective alone, shouldn't be what dictates whether or not same sex couples have equal standing in adopting a child.

Now. I'm off to tattoo a big penis onto my daughters shoulder so she does'nt get the wrong idea about gays.

well make it two dicks then.. tip to tip... as that is my understanding of what the gays do with each other.

yes, it's just my experience, fair enough

but hey, I'm just expressing my opinion, you know? I don't run an adoption agency

But really, do I really need a sociological or scientific study to prove the importance of maternal nurturing? I think my experience, and all of your experiences, those of you with mothers, counts for something.

"you're a bad son who doesn't love his mudda!" as Danny Aiella said

yes, it's just my experience, fair enough

but hey, I'm just expressing my opinion, you know? I don't run an adoption agency

But really, do I really need a sociological or scientific study to prove the importance of maternal nurturing? I think my experience, and all of your experiences, those of you with mothers, counts for something.

"you're a bad son who doesn't love his mudda!" as Danny Aiella said

From my experience, I know of a few people who have mothers who aren't maternal.

Turns out, the dads were the compedent parent and these people have turned out just fine.

Women are naturally better equipped to look after infants. However, that's about as far as it goes. After that, there is no reason why a woman would make a better parent than a father. Or, indeed, two fathers.

where do we stand on letting 3 dudes adopt a child? what about 40 lesbians, like an Amazon village of women warriors? who said a kid only needs TWO parents? nature???

pfft. i scoff at nature.

where do we stand on letting 3 dudes adopt a child? what about 40 lesbians, like an Amazon village of women warriors? who said a kid only needs TWO parents? nature???

pfft. i scoff at nature.

Steve Guttenberg reminds me of my mother.

And there are quite a few women who look like Tom Selleck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back