Catholic Church says No to Gay Adoption (1 Viewer)

* being horribly, horrendously, unbelievably ugly and kinda fat
Jane! Stop that! You're not ugly!
I remember being followed up and down the school yard by two guys calling me a spa cos I was wearing the wrong pants. I was always afraid to start punching in case I'd get into trouble (I was such a good kid!), so it was always a relief when they started and I could dish it out in return

Jane! Stop that! You're not ugly!
I remember being followed up and down the school yard by two guys calling me a spa cos I was wearing the wrong pants. I was always afraid to start punching in case I'd get into trouble (I was such a good kid!), so it was always a relief when they started and I could dish it out in return

Ha ha, but I was an utterly hideous child. I was painfully adorable until about age 6, and then it was all downhill until...until I hit 30. Now I like to think I'm growing into my skin. Unfortunately, my skin is growing, too. Outwards. Mainly in the arsal region of the body.

Oh lordy, I also always had the wrong pants, or the wrong skirt, or whatever. But my hair! It was atrocious. Really. I hated my hair, but I was dressed and coiffed against my will by adults who thought it would build character or whatnot. And now I'm overflowing with it. Mainly in the arsal region of the body.

Ha ha, but I was an utterly hideous child. I was painfully adorable until about age 6, and then it was all downhill until...until I hit 30. Now I like to think I'm growing into my skin. Unfortunately, my skin is growing, too. Outwards. Mainly in the arsal region of the body.

Oh lordy, I also always had the wrong pants, or the wrong skirt, or whatever. But my hair! It was atrocious. Really. I hated my hair, but I was dressed and coiffed against my will by adults who thought it would build character or whatnot. And now I'm overflowing with it. Mainly in the arsal region of the body.

Thanks to whoever de-repped me for this.

can't be arsed reading all this,
but did anyone hear the one about the world's largest paedophile ring trying to dictacte who can and can't be trusted with children?

Well I think that's the big point. It's not about if a random gay couple is suitable or not to raise a child in a loving and nurturing relationship verses a random straight couple or about what either of those couples want. It has to be what's best for the child.

We unfortunately still live in a society that isn't as a whole all that gay friendly. And kids in particular are evil little shits when it comes to exploiting any difference in order to put other kids down so no matter how well a pair of guys or gals are at bringing up a kid if it has to deal with "your parents are faggots" at school every day then it can't be good for it.

Maybe my son will get stick in school when they see some weird lad with dreadlocks and a dodgy dress-sense picking him up at the school gate, or his mother with half her eyebrows shaved off and a funny accent. "Your da'sa hippie/freak/weirdo etc... your ma's a freak/foreigner/psycho... Should I be stopped from adopting children in the interest of the child?

What is the ideal 'type' of couple or parent?

Sadly, kids are cruel sometimes. I can think of many instances in the past when I bullied people for looking or being different. Even over the stupidest of shit. (I used to bully a guy for not liking rave music back in 1990, there, I said it!)

Also Unicron, you referred to the hypothetical child as 'it' in the last line of your post. Bad buzz! Children are people too and they have to endure the ignorance of others just like the rest of us. If they have a caring family behind them, then that is their best support that they can have in the face of such ignorance.

how many kids actually come up for adoption each year?

i don't really care very much about this issue, if someone queer wants to adopt a child who cares let them do it .
i just don't think this affects very many people.
i've never met anyone who was adopted actually, at least not by another family member.the church are in no position to lecture anyone on parenting given the tripe they fill kids heads with.

( i've only read the last few pages of this.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back