camping (1 Viewer)

nEiLo

Website
www.lazybird.org
anyone gone camping in ireland? not talking about at festivals... i mean pitching a tent on a mountain... or beside a lake... landscapes make me horny...

nEiLo said:
anyone gone camping in ireland? not talking about at festivals... i mean pitching a tent on a mountain... or beside a lake... landscapes make me horny...

i have.

are you having trouble with the stove?

nEiLo said:

Just back from camping on Achill island....

Ignore all the touristy beaches and campsites and keep driving north on the west side of the island... until you come to pretty much the end of the road...

On the far side of a mountain you will come across a stunning cliffs & beach tucked away there with nothing but jawdropping scenery.... (it's call Keem Beach... I think)

Damn all tourists for some reason

nEiLo said:
just wondering where to go really. like the sound of achill. only problem is that it has be accessible by bus or train.

i cycled to achill =- !ninjaaaa

My girlfriend bought me a tent for my birthday. I think it's the best birthday present ever.

We're going camping in the Forest of Dean next Friday night. I can't wait!!

Arnold O'Byrne said:
My girlfriend bought me a tent for my birthday. I think it's the best birthday present ever.

We're going camping in the Forest of Dean next Friday night. I can't wait!!

don't forget the wine.

bring a lamp if you like reading

don't forget cutlery stuff like tinopener, something to wash plates (and dry in case of hurry) (we have these plastic plates/bowls with sections - dead handy - probably used in prisons or sommat)

keep all food etc in seperate bag. saves mess.

things like milk can be difficult. depends on time.

sugar for the teas and coffees

I use the olive oil that I use for cooking instead of butter (like dem spanish)

actually, cooking outdoors on a gas stove can be really interesting.

don't forget the wine.

nEiLo said:
Yeah, a few times. Once when I was about 11, my Dad and I went on a camping weekend in Northern Ireland. The second night, we pitched our tent beside dome bórín in some bog in the middle of nowhere. At about 4am, we were 'visited' by a British Army helicopter. It was like something out of Platoon or the Falklands or something. It was cool.

Wicker said:
Just back from camping on Achill island....

Ignore all the touristy beaches and campsites and keep driving north on the west side of the island... until you come to pretty much the end of the road...

On the far side of a mountain you will come across a stunning cliffs & beach tucked away there with nothing but jawdropping scenery.... (it's call Keem Beach... I think)

Damn all tourists for some reason
we camped there for 3 of the sunniest days ever about 2 years ago. amazing so it was. and the flourescent stuff doing the freak freak in the waves at night was a pleasant accompaniment to my stoned mandolin playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back