Bus Fare Increase (1 Viewer)

solution - get on your bike! (as much as you can)

last time the fares went up i'd decided enough was enough. I bought a bike for 200quid. fare in and out of town was costing me 1.40each way. so thats 2.80 a day or 19.60 a week. So in just over ten weeks i've paid for the bike in money saved not taking the bus and enjoy that extra 19quid in my pocket all the more.

granted there'll be some times you cant cycle but if you want to vent your frustration at increased public transport costs then get cycling. healthier for you (less chance of getting that filthy dose of flu that circulates the buses this time of year) and your new years budget. A strongly worded letter to CIE will not change a thing. They will claim loss of revenue due to increased operating costs, need to buy more buses, etc,etc. Its all a load of crap that only a semistate body can get away with.

Luas on the otherhand is expanding rapidly, can provide a tram every 3minutes during peak hours and can in my mind justify an increase in ticket price as you can see where the costs are going in an ever improving service.

when i get the bus i just throw a load of coppers in and say whatever fare i want. has never failed.

It's the rail increase that pisses me off more - it's now gonna cost me over 60e for a weekly ticket. It's nearly 20e for a daily newbridge - dublin return ticket. I hate Irish Rail, they are money grabbing fuckers with really really bad customer services. I bought a return newbridge - dublin 5-day ticket the other day and tried to use it the day after i bought it (I hadn't used it the other day) and the fucker of a conductor made me pay for another ticket!!! by CREDIT CARD!!! He wouldn't leave me off (technically I was wrong but I had paid for the damn thing, I just hadn't used it on the day of purchase, even though it was valid for 5 days) despite the fact he knows I usually buy a weekly ticket and get the train every day. Wanker.

I hate people who close the windows on buses when its clear that the windows are lined with everyone else's pre-used air. Especially when dickheads reach over you and close your window. Thats fucking obnoxious as hell. I had to throw some old man filthies on the way back from the airport and loudly reopen the window.

That said, this increase will have a minimal effect on me given I no longer take the bus. I recommend every moves into town, cos thats where all the buses go anyway, except for the 17.

it didn't used to go up every year in the pre-tiger days, did it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back