Bruce Springsteen appreciation thread (2 Viewers)

HEY, JOHNNYSTRESS, COULD YOU PLEASE POST THAT PICTURE OF ME MAKING OUT WITH BRUCE?

By which I mean, photoshop me making out with Bruce. Any era is fine, although I will say that the cover of the Darkness album is especially nice to look at.

I still can't believe that he didn't pull me onto the stage and dance with me.

I heard he opened with The Promised Land.... hope this is true.

I hope he plays Candy's Room tonight. I doubt he will though.

It is true. He also played Candy's Room and I almost cried.

I wish he'd do a gig where he plays The Wild, The Innocent and the E-Street Shuffle all the way through. OMG. I know maybe it's hard to bring a tuba on tour, but I really would like to see Wild Billy's Circus Story played live. There was a time when I was incredibly depressed and there were a few days where I just didn't want to get out of bed, and I would think of that album and decide that it was pretty much the only decent reason to face the day.

I would probably -- no, definitely -- cry if he played that. I'm going to go listen to it now, in fact. And Sandy. And Rosalita. And...see? See?

Oh man.

Oh ho ho ho, you are in for a real treat.

He did.

Candy's Room got an airing last night. I dunno, it's a great song, I love the shit out of it but it's probably considered a minor song in his canon by a lot of folks and I'm unsure if he'll play it again tonight.

The first 4 songs of the encore, Thunder Road, Born To Run, Bobby Jean, 10th ave. Freeze Out. Holy shit.

I had to miss the start as my mate was caught in traffic but from the gate I was at I could hear perfectly. I might go back to that spot tonight or on Sunday.

i wish i could afford to go again. that was so much fun.

if anyone's wondering about queuing to get into the pit area i got there at about 4.15 yesterday and got in easily.

I'm still waiting to make out with Bruce.

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuce!?

I might just stick my head out the window and see can he hear me. You never know, like. I'm quite close to the RDS.

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuce?!

PLEASE?

PIX PLS.

Also, he made it very clear that his wife and kids are home in New Jersey. He was saying that on stage because he wanted to make sure I knew. I sent him a telepathic message about my free pass.

Amount of amazing songs he played last night! That run of Darkness songs was just great! And Badlands, and Tenth Ave Freeze Out. Fuck! Ugh I wanna go again tonight :mad:

Thing with the soap on his knees during Marys Place was hilarious as fuck!

Nils Lofgrens guitar solo as well .|..|

Nils Lofgrens guitar solo as well .|..|

yeah, that shit with all the finger-tapping and pinch harmonics while he was spinning around on one leg!!

CANDY'S ROOM!! Wow...

Promised Land, Darkness On The Edge Of Town, Reason To Believe, Because The Night....nearly every song off Born To Run!! I was speechless.

Even the 1 or 2 crappier songs off Magic (like Gypsy Biker and Last To Die) sounded fuckin brilliant last night.

Wish i could go again!!

What a show, Bruce is a legend for a reason and that's why, he really gives it his all and seems to enjoy every minute of his gigs.

Never thought I'd hear Candys Room live so I can now die a happy man and the final song just saw a mass ceili break out all around me .|..|.|..|

that mic-stand pole-dance straddling thing?!
that was bonkers!

At one point I genuinely thought he was stuck and was waiting for some roadies to come out ala Spinal Tap :p

What a show, Bruce is a legend for a reason and that's why, he really gives it his all and seems to enjoy every minute of his gigs.

Never thought I'd hear Candys Room live so I can now die a happy man and the final song just saw a mass ceili break out all around me .|..|.|..|

Yeah, where I was, too. There was pretty much just raw fucking rocking out where I was, but by the time he hit Badlands, everything went batshit, and the last song was just a big demented, arm linking, leg kicking mess. It ruled.

And then there was a bored-looking journo with what looked like a copy of Harper's on his lap. If you go to BRUCE and are reading a fucking MAGAZINE during the GIG you don't deserve your job. Or magazines, for that matter.

Bruce really loves people right back. You can fucking feel it. The best thing is just knowing that he probably loves all of his fans equally, that no one would get special treatment just because of his or her job.

I LOVE YOU, BRUCE.

Oh, and yes. I was referring to the incident with the mic stand. That was mental. I never in my life wanted so badly to be a stand for a microphone.

I'm praying for a Growin Up tonight, possibly with a rambling monologue about his youth in it.

Come on Bruce. I was so not thinking about this gig but now my expectations have been raised.

Bruce really loves people right back. You can fucking feel it. The best thing is just knowing that he probably loves all of his fans equally, that no one would get special treatment just because of his or her job.

Brilliant post, this is the kind of passion Bruce himself would produce if he posted on Thumped.

Brilliant post, this is the kind of passion Bruce himself would produce if he posted on Thumped.

:heart::heart::heart::heart:

Bruce is amazing. I'm kinda only half-joking about wanting to make out with him because really, I'd rather just hang out and go for a walk with him and shoot the breeze. And the way he is, he's the kind of guy who'd do that -- in theory, anyway (he'd never get anything done again if he had a chat with every one of his fans). He's the kind of guy that takes people as they are, not based on what they can do for him.

This was the second time I saw him, and I dunno, there's something about the way he is and what he does up there, he kinda makes you believe in people again. It's incredible the power he has. His benevolence and his music are totally connected -- you wouldn't have one without the other. And he's angry, but he's angry on behalf of 'the folks', not because he has any sense of entitlement.

Normally I avoid crowds, especially drinking ones, because they're generally hostile and ignorant. But at the two Bruce gigs I've seen, I've been utterly bowled over by the total lack of hostility. Seeing tens of thousands of people genuinely happy, smiling for real -- that's just incredible. And I think Bruce really values his role in that. I think he knows it and doesn't take it for granted. He doesn't feel he has a right to be there, he earns it every fucking time.

There are a lot of bands where you kinda want to keep them for yourself a little, for fear you won't get to see them in small venues anymore, but not Bruce. Bruce you want to share with everyone. I'd love to see him in a small venue, of course, but being in a big venue is actually an amazing experience, like some kind of rock and roll religious revival.

This is the Gospel of Bruce. Amen.

PS: But if he's looking for a makeout buddy, I just want to remind everyone to let him know I *do* still have a free pass.

:heart::heart::heart::heart:
PS: But if he's looking for a makeout buddy, I just want to remind everyone to let him know I *do* still have a free pass.

Is it a Bruce specific free pass? If not and you can't cash it in there, my 2 cousins would be interested

ugly-men.jpg

Sorry, it's just for Bruce. Hell, look at the cover of Darkness. You would, like.

Maybe your cousins could find some kind of charity kissing booth? Actually, the one on the left, if you scrubbed him up a little and gave him some car keys to jingle, he might do okay at the Wesley disco or McGowans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back