Bruce Springsteen appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

Ugh thats pretty bad!

Wonder if the tour will be canceled now?

Very much doubt it. If he's been ill for three years, and has been only playing a limited role in the concert, then they definately have a ready made replacement waiting in the wings. The show must go on.

Yeh didn't realise that he hadn't really been playing so much lately. Hope it isn't canceled. Recent setlists have been awesome. Playing Rosilita alot which would be totally sweet.

You being serious???

There'll be none of that lazy ass "support bands followed by a 40 minute set" nonsense at this. He's never had a support act that I've ever seen.

You being serious???

There'll be none of that lazy ass "support bands followed by a 40 minute set" nonsense at this. He's never had a support act that I've ever seen.

Cool, i was just wondering.

Doors at 5pm, BS&TESB on at 7.30 so i was just wondering what was gonna happen for the 2 and a half hours in between!

True story, I kinda accidentally insulted Bruce in front of him, but he laughed, and into a microphone, so I know he was totally okay with it. He's pretty awesome.

Doors at 5pm, BS&TESB on at 7.30 so i was just wondering what was gonna happen for the 2 and a half hours in between!

Didn’t mean to sound snappy, I’m just getting a little excited.
The two hours will give everyone a chance to arrive, buy shit, get pissed etc. Sure there’s always a couple of hours between the gates opening and the show starting at any big gig.

Didn’t mean to sound snappy, I’m just getting a little excited.
The two hours will give everyone a chance to arrive, buy shit, get pissed etc. Sure there’s always a couple of hours between the gates opening and the show starting at any big gig.

i haven't been to a *big* gig in years.

actually, come to think of it, i don't think i've ever been at a *big* gig!

making human pyramids dude

like this

p1015056dz0.jpg

Really? I saw him those three nights he played about a year and a half ago, he was okay, buh...

Maybe he's improving with age

Where I was standing was a little bit like some kind of locked ward because there was a bit of room for dancin' and a few of us made good damn use of it. I also made a mental note of which journos were being mentals because the opinion of someone who goes demented for Bruce is worth more than that of one who doesn't. I think I launched myself about ten feet in the air when he did Badlands. I should probably be embarrassed but I'm not.

I also have decided I'm going to appoint myself art director/set designer. For one, I think we should have a beacon shining into the sky with an outline of New Jersey. And also -- sorry -- an ass-cam. Now, I don't really look at asses, and I'm not big on rock-star crushes, but Bruce is different. And really there should always be a camera on his ass. Always. Always on his ass.

Oh, and when he did That Thing You Know What I Am Saying during Tenth Avenue Freeze Out, I nearly booooorsted. I was trying to send him telepathic messages to come down and make out with me (I have a free pass), but maybe there was too much moisture in the air and it got stuck on some pesky fog molecules? I dunno. I should be making out with Bruce right now.

Finally, I can say this: fuck indie rock. Show me a hipster who can do what was done last night and what will be done tonight, and I'll take that back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back