Bruce Springsteen appreciation thread (7 Viewers)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWQV7agBFtE&feature=related"]YouTube - Bruce Springsteen - The River (on a street in Copenhagen)[/ame]

17 Bruce Springsteen albums were released in the mini-LP format last month. Plastic wrapper, obi, vinyl replica card sleeve with booklets in English and Japanese.

Seem to be in the shops for around EUR 8- each, EUR 12- for the doubles and EUR 20- for Live 1975-1985.

online prices nice too.

got the Live 1975 - 1985 in Zavvi earlier. Very nice. Now five CDs which mirrors the five LPs originally released. Previous CD edition was three discs. Sound has definitely been boosted - EQ tweaked. But not in a bad, compressed way.

HOW DOES HE EVEN DO IT?

I'm listening to his new album now.

How does he not run out of awesome songs? I mean, I'd totally forgive him if the only song he ever wrote was Jungleland. But like....they just keep coming?

OH GOD, I LOVE BRUCE SO MUCH THAT SOMETIMES I CAN HARDLY HANDLE IT

HOW DOES HE EVEN DO IT?

I'm listening to his new album now.

How does he not run out of awesome songs?

I remember watching a documentary on Bruce in the late 80's/early 90's. My dad had taped it so I used to watch it a lot. There was a bit with little Stevie where he was talking about Bruce coming into rehearsals and Steve would ask him how many songs Bruce wrote the previous night.

"4". This was a regular thing.

Not sure if anybody has posted this yet, but if you haven't seen this Charlie Rose interview with THE BOSS, settle down with a cup of tea, put it on full screen and be amazed at how fucking cool he is.. it's an hour long.

SO FUCKING GREAT AND INSPIRING.

[ame]http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=mSAV88nl4Ag&feature=channel[/ame]

He sure is amazing, and just when I think I can't be any more amazed by him, it happens. So even though I haven't seen that interview in full (I saw a few clips), I will not be surprised to find myself surprised at his increasing amazingness.

When he played in Dublin the last time, I just couldn't get over how he really doesn't feel entitled to the admiration, to the near apoplexy of excitement in the crowd. He earns it every damn time.

Seriously, I'm not patriotic (and no Obama can make me patriotic), but to me, what Bruce embodies is the closest thing to patriotism I'll ever feel. I mean, he's more than that because he belongs to the world, but I always think that America's alleged values can't be all bad if not only do they make Bruce who he is, but he's also someone adored by a range of people who might not have anything at all in common otherwise.

Sorry, Bruce makes me sappy.

Ok so I have everything from the first album up till Born on the USA on LP. WOuld like to ideal keep my bruce records on LP and not CD.

What should I NOT bother with?

Funnily enough I was listening to Live 1975-1985 on the way to work today.

Fantastic version of No Surrender on that .|..|

Yeah, it's wonderful. Bobby Jean from that as well as well. In fact I think I prefer almost all the BITUSA on that to the original album.

The stuff at the start though, that's the best part of the boxset for me; the utterly ass kicking versions of Adam Raised A Cain, Spirit In The Night, Growin' Up where he breaks into that long story about his teens midway through, and best of all It's Hard To Be A Saint In The City.

From about the age of 8 for 4 years that and Tunnel Of Love was all that I listened too. My dad had it on vinyl and dubbed it to tape for me.

are they all available on vinyl? i'd skip lucky town and human touch as they're rubbish.

all Bruce's albums are available on vinyl. Aside from The Essential compilation.

Lucky Town and Human Touch have a few good tracks between them. I have Brazilian vinyl pressings of 'em.

Unplugged isn't that good.

You should get the Japanese CD set of Live 1975-1985 I refer to in post #205. It's deadly.

The 1987 CD version of Tunnel Of Love is deadly. Sounds way nicer than the vinyl.

talk of a Euro summer tour, here's hoping he comes back here, don't see why he wouldn't, he's pretty welcome

Almost a stone cold cert for Glastonbury I read today. That sent a bit of a shiver down my spine when I read that because often the big Glastonbury bands will do Oxegen a couple of weeks later but then I realised that such would be the demand of course he'd be doing his own gigs here and more importantly ever since Slane he's dealt exclusively with Aiken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back