Bruce Springsteen appreciation thread (2 Viewers)

I bought 10 tickets on a mates credit card last time around!

Ain't going this time. That sitting on a wall idea sounds good though.

I bought 10 tickets on a mates credit card last time around!

How much personal space do you require?

Ain't going this time. That sitting on a wall idea sounds good though.
For the authentic Bruce in the RDS feeling I'll fake a bogger accent, wear a cowboy hat, get disgustingly drunk and when I need a piss just whip out my lad and go there and then.

For the authenthic Bruce in the RDS feeling I'll fake a bogger accent, wear a cowboy hat, get disgustingly drunk and when I need a piss just whip out my lad and go there and then.

Last time he played here i got gastroenteritis from a food stand outside the horse show house. I was born to run for the following 4 days.

How much personal space do you require?

For the authentic Bruce in the RDS feeling I'll fake a bogger accent, wear a cowboy hat, get disgustingly drunk and when I need a piss just whip out my lad and go there and then.

I got a bit excited I guess.

I was shitfaced by the end of the gig also.

bg19w.gif

Bruuuuuuuce .|..|

Some classic E Street band less Springsteen from David Letterman's last show on NBC.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No better way to kick start a Sunday afternoon .|..|

I just want to say, for probably the millionth time that I fucking love Bruce Springsteen. Fantastic set tonight, loads of stuff from Darkness ...

and loads of stuff that I'd never seen him play live before.

I took my dad to it as well and he had a blast, some serious fucking father-son bonding in our family today.

agreed but the RDS should never be used for a gig again as long as life continues on this planet.shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

this was deadly. Saturday was deadly too. But last night the setlist was better thought out. On saturday he played a lot of his averagey stuff in a row which seemed to drag out.

And between saturday and sunday he didn't overlap a whole lot. I make it about 10 songs (barely a third of the set) that he did both nights.

How deadly was that rendition of Jungleland? And he did Youngstown (having done Tom Joad on saturday).

Didn't think much of that twisty shout thing at the end - he could have ended then cos that was a little bit too cheesy.

But deadly.

Swooooooooooooooooooooon

Nils Lofgren sure can play, but I'm not sure Youngstown in the time or place for a solo like that!

Best bits for me... Jungleland. What an unbelievably spellbinding song, and what a rendition.

After that - Bruce had obviously checked out my facebook status request for Darkness On The Edge Of Town. Along with Prove It All Night, Promised Land, Sherry Darling, Dancing In The Dark (I sometimes look past how good a song that is because its such a fun song), Hungry Heart... jesus it was fucking excellent!

I finally got to see Thunder Road live on Saturday. Worth getting rain soaked for.

Outlaw Pete works great on stage.

i quite liked that one 41 shots too. but yeah. nils and that solo at the end of youngstown. holy shit.

did anyone else think that everytime he said dublin, it sounded like he was trying to put on a dublin accent?

Once again, I could hear this from my living room. Not as good as last year (probably because of the rain) but it sounded like a good time. Didn't make it down to the canal this year though. One of these days I'll actually see him live... when tickets don't cost an arm and a leg. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back